What's new

Paper For My FSU English Class

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
those anti cheating programs are a joke.

I like how FSU takes ownership of things though, thats good stuff.

They do take ownership of the paper in terms that the paper was my work requested by them. You even sign on the dotted line at the start of the semester agreeing. But once it is done and graded, I can post it and cite the specifics.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
those anti cheating programs are a joke.

I like how FSU takes ownership of things though, thats good stuff.

They do take ownership of the paper in terms that the paper was my work requested by them. You even sign on the dotted line at the start of the semester agreeing. But once it is done and graded, I can post it and cite the specifics.

I just think its funny.

Any intelligent professor can tell if something is really plagerised anyway. Then again thats big schools for you, do the professors even read every paper in a 100+ member class?

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
i would suggest adding in the recent departure of accord and the impact it took to the marlinsbaseball.com community and the possibility of sending him mail during boot camp.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
pubes had a greater impact on this site than accord could have ever dreamed of.

FWIW.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I just think its funny.

Any intelligent professor can tell if something is really plagerised anyway. Then again thats big schools for you, do the professors even read every paper in a 100+ member class?

Well, actually there are around 20 in my English class. We are not taught by a professor but by an instructor. Usually a grad student, sometimes an adjunct professor.

Professors typically teach higher level classes and conduct research.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
I just think its funny.

Well, actually there are around 20 in my English class. We are not taught by a professor but by an instructor. Usually a grad student, sometimes an adjunct professor.

man in all my college experience, i never had any class taught by a TA. Those classes cant nearly be as rewarding with them teaching, no matter how good they are.

Buckeye

Muckdog
Reaction score
I just think its funny.

man in all my college experience, i never had any class taught by a TA. Those classes cant nearly be as rewarding with them teaching, no matter how good they are.

I agree to some extent, however...

I've had classes tought by people with Masters and no doctorate and classes taught by doctors...

Masters>doctorate

I don't know why it is, but once you get your doctorate you can't f***ing relate to an undergrad on any level.

This doesn't mean I never had the occasional good Dr. teaching the classes, but I'd take the folks with just the Masters degree over them any day.

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score

same here. i had a couple of adjucts, but they were well experienced, usually only teaching some of the very lower level classes and some labs. about 95% of the classes were taught by full time professors at my school, and a big part of why i went to a small school. they weren't some far away brains, they were closely in tact with us the students, and helped enriched my college experience. can't imagine going to a big time school like fsu.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
I just think its funny.

I've had classes tought by people with Masters and no doctorate and classes taught by doctors...

Masters>doctorate

I don't know why it is, but once you get your doctorate you can't f***ing relate to an undergrad on any level.

This doesn't mean I never had the occasional good Dr. teaching the classes, but I'd take the folks with just the Masters degree over them any day.

ya except a lot of TA's are working toward their masters still....

Buckeye

Muckdog
Reaction score
I just think its funny.

Masters>doctorate

ya except a lot of TA's are working toward their masters still....

Yuh, I know.

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
The best Professor I've had so far is my Natural Disasters professor. He's the most incredibly fascinating person I've ever heard talk, and I love when we have back and forth with him, which is most days. He really knows his stuff.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
The best Professor I've had so far is my Natural Disasters professor. He's the most incredibly fascinating person I've ever heard talk, and I love when we have back and forth with him, which is most days. He really knows his stuff.
Real Life Experience > theoretical BS 10/10 times.

I took an Exploration of Space course from two of the guys that designed the SRB system on the space shuttle. You can imagine the discussion we had about Challenger!

However if anyone wishes to make a suggestion or comment on the topic and what I could use....please feel free.
FWIW - I think juanpierre is right. If you scan the paper into a tiff file, that software will never read it. It probably wouldn't read a .pdf file either.

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score

same here. i had a couple of adjucts, but they were well experienced, usually only teaching some of the very lower level classes and some labs. about 95% of the classes were taught by full time professors at my school, and a big part of why i went to a small school. they weren't some far away brains, they were closely in tact with us the students, and helped enriched my college experience. can't imagine going to a big time school like fsu.

I with ya both...I'd probably get lost in a big school. My biggest class here has been 32 people. Most of my Comm classes are 20 or less. I'm friends with most of the professors. I dunno guess it just depends on personal taste, but I'm definitely all for the small school stuff.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
This paper is not easy...I hope to have something for y'all to chew on.

BTW, my TA is from Southern NJ (basically Philly) and wit is a big plus from what I have noticed.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
FSU rules!
*will find out this weekend*
Care to expand on this.... :cool

Shaq-Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
FSU rules!
*will find out this weekend*
Cape wants to party with you.

Juanky

FSU rules!
*will find out this weekend*Care to expand on this.... :cool Have a state board meeting there on Saturday.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Have a state board meeting there on Saturday.
Specifics?

Top Bottom