What's new

Paper For My FSU English Class

Shaq-Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
Have a state board meeting there on Saturday.
Cape wants to meet you.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Cape wants to meet you.
Not really, just want to give him a heads up on what to expect.

Juanky

Specifics?College Republicans is having a bunch of meetings all day Saturday. Board meeting is 1-4 on campus somewhere (I'll find the room later). Gonna stay on campus too, maybe for one night and maybe for two.

Alky's enjoying this.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
They are hosting you guys at University Center C. Basically that would be the side the TV cameras sit on during football games at the stadium. Doak Campbell Stadium is a beautiful facility, I hope you enjoy your visit!

http://www.fsugop.com/FFCRmeeting.html

Make sure to enjoy rolling around the capital city this weekend. It is going to be cold, but nothing you can't take.

Tip: The Pollo Tropical is in the Oglesby Union. Gordo's Cuban Restaurant is on the west side of town down on W. Pensacola Street near the stadium. Black Bean is on the east side in front of Target on Apalachee Parkway.

Juanky

I actually am not a big fan of Cuban food, and hate the cold. Go me.

But yeah I've got all my info already. I'm pumped for 8 hours in the car, let me tell you :confused

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I actually am not a big fan of Cuban food, and hate the cold. Go me.

But yeah I've got all my info already. I'm pumped for 8 hours in the car, let me tell you :confused
Cuban food > *
The cold is something you get used to, layers are the key.
8 hours in the car can be annoying.....enjoy your visit though!

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
I just think its funny.

Any intelligent professor can tell if something is really plagerised anyway. Then again thats big schools for you, do the professors even read every paper in a 100+ member class?

Well, actually there are around 20 in my English class. We are not taught by a professor but by an instructor. Usually a grad student, sometimes an adjunct professor.

Professors typically teach higher level classes and conduct research.

man in all my college experience, i never had any class taught by a TA. Those classes cant nearly be as rewarding with them teaching, no matter how good they are.
It really depends. The only course I ever had entirely taught by a TA was a freshman year intro writing course. And let me tell you, I learned more from him than I did any from any other instructor in all my years of schooling. The experience at my university was that we had some of the most intelligent people on the planet, but they just turned out to be god-awful teachers. It's obvious that they were brilliant but they just didn't give a damn about undergrads. However, I think a grad student is completely capable of teaching a intro writing course to a bunch of freshmen who likely aren't going to be English majors.

All of my science/engineering courses were taught by professors but we had a weekly section taught by TAs to review the material. In those cases I'm happy I had a PhD for the actual lectures, but some of them were so poor at teaching the material that the TAs turned out to be lifelines. The only problem was when you would get a TA that had trouble speaking English. :(

All of my intro lab classes were pretty much taught by TAs, while the weekly lecture covered by the professor.

we barley have any grad programs at our school, so many of our teachers never see a grad student. so i guess this is where the variation comes in.

for the most part, i don't see any of the "i'm too smart for undergrads" thing with the professors. there are a couple of stranglers, but they know that their students are all or almost all undergrads before coming here.

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well done, Cape.

Although Lucy Pinder definitely owns the Babe forum!

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
:nugget Passive voice and contractions.
:rolleyes: :mischief
It is a very informal paper.

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
btw you spelt "Luis" in Luis Castillo wrong. You spelled it Louis.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
btw you spelt "Luis" in Luis Castillo wrong. You spelled it Louis.
oops.....I did put that "o" in there.

My apologies to Luis. :shifty

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yankee fans drinking the haterade?? :rolleyes: If that's not the pot calling the kettle black...

Good job. That was a fun read. :thumbup

Top Bottom