What's new

Pavano and Redman...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
These two (In the time they have played) have been great for us (dispite last night's loss). When big Red comes back he should be a big pick up, and Pavano has been good enough...

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
Who cares about pitching...We've scored 9 runs in our last 5 games.

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
It is funny when you read the article in today's Herald which recounts last night's game, you would think Vargas has been more successful than Pavano. Pavano has been very good all year long until last night. The Marlins need to bail their pitchers out with some offense from time to time. We cant score - it is like we are freshman at the prom or something...someone better spike the punch...

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
when you dont score....

it puts added pressure on the pitchers....

they try to make every pitch be that perfect pitch and often this ends up costing them in the long run.

you cant really pin the blame on the pitcher or the pitching coach in these situations....the pitcher knows that he will be lucky to get a run or two....therefore if he wants to win, he needs to throw a shutout, maybe give up a run....

All the pitchers need to relax and pitch their game...but its hard to do when you are getting no run support, frustration grows cause you are out there trying to win the game, but your offense fails to back you up constantly.

It wears thin after a while.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pitching is very improtant part of baseball. We have to care about pitching because you dont want our pitchers to give up like 10 runs....

Yea Pavano and redman have been very solid and when Redman Comes back it will be intresting to see how he pitches. He is expected to pitch against the reds this series (I think). Pavano Has always been good with is since we got him in the Floyd Deal...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pitching is very improtant part of baseball. We have to care about pitching because you dont want our pitchers to give up like 10 runs....
all i have to say is....wow :plain

marlins4eva

Muckdog
Reaction score
The offense must pick up or the pitchers will have to throw shutouts to win. There's no way you can win scoring as little runs as the Fish are. If the Marlins trade Lowell, there will be even more trouble.

Foggy Doggy

Muckdog
Reaction score
AMEN.....I could have told you it wasn't going to be a pitching problem for this team, but a hitting one before the season. It hasn't enough firepower to win....and there is no desire to get a big bat by the management. They refuse to do anything to win here in South Fla so either they can contract the team in 2006 or move to Washington, because they are doing a great job in destroying what was left of the faithful fans here in South Fla.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
huh?

so far the management has done a good job of putting a team on the field....

I mean, its not like the Marlins losses are blowouts, we lose by 2 or 3 runs.....

if this team ever got the offense going, we would be scary..... but i think you are way off Foggy

Foggy Doggy

Muckdog
Reaction score
huh?

so far the management has done a good job of putting a team on the field....

I mean, its not like the Marlins losses are blowouts, we lose by 2 or 3 runs.....

if this team ever got the offense going, we would be scary..... but i think you are way off Foggy
Ramp, sorry but I have to disagree......I think this team has been lucky so VERY lucky indeed that it has been in so many close games so far. Scores like last night I believe are what is going to be more common come the middle of summer. The good pitching will finally wear down and the lack of offence will spread to lack of pitching because of wearing down and becomeing weary of losing.

You'll see a wholesale fire sale by July 31st.....mark my words.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
*marking down words*

*preparing crow*

DLee and Castillo may go, but a team firesale? nah

Foggy Doggy

Muckdog
Reaction score
*marking down words*

*preparing crow*

I almost guarantee that Lowell, DLee, Castillo & Encarnacion will be traded, as well as Juan Pierre & AGon if their good season keep up.

They have to, they can't afford the $ 40 million they have on the budget right now......they need to pare that down.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
*marking down words*

*preparing crow*

I almost guarantee that Lowell, DLee, Castillo & Encarnacion will be traded, as well as Juan Pierre & AGon if their good season keep up.

They have to, they can't afford the $ 40 million they have on the budget right now......they need to pare that down. no freakin way.....

show me proof where it says they cant keep $40mil payroll or whatever you say.....

I think you're hatred for this ownership is blurring some things in your eyes

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score
Right on, Foggy Doggy. Firesale is inevitable. Both the national media and some local outlets have already stated that pretty much everyone in a teal uniform will be available come the trading deadline outside of Pierre, as his 5 year deal (the only long-term paper the Marlins hold) is too much for teams to take on for a speed/average guy with no power.

I hope the concessions at Pro Robbie sell marshmallows after the trade dealine so we can roast them on the fire.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
what happened last year?

everyone talked about a firesale and we traded a retread pitcher and Cliff Floyd.....

but we got back players that could help now..... not only minor leaguers...

I mean, did Loria come to your house and kick your dog?.... you have the agenda i believe

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
I got yer back, Ramp. :angry

Foggy Doggy, Fish Fillet, show me proof that there will be a fire sale. In fact, show me anything other than pure speculation - because that is all the media has done.

The fact is the Marlins are not scoring. But lets take a look at something - before the season Gammons himself predicted a break out year from Lee (I will have to find it...). In fact, many did. Hasnt happened. Pudge signed for 10MM and I think we still make that deal knowing then what we know now (that money is spread out over 3 years...). Pudge will come around, but he better start soon. It may have been a PR stunt, but if the media found out Pudge wanted to play here - they would be criticizing the front office for NOT making that move. You would be too...

We have had enormous amounts of injury to the pitching staff. Truthfully, I expected Burnett to be on and off the DL this season, but Beckett, Redman? Beckett, maybe because of his blisters. I am surprised Penny hasnt broken down yet, he is practically made of glass. Also Nunez was not himself this year and hasnt made it back. Despite that, the pitching staff is doing an EXCELLENT job filling in the gaps. They are like a little 'dutchboy brigade'...

If we score runs, Torborg still has his job. Also, we are in the race. ANd the nay-sayers (vultures) are not coming out of the woodwork. Patience. This team should have contended this year, but clearly it was an over-estimation and some of the players on this team are not capable of carrying the load expected of them.

Like Ramp pointed out earlier (if I remember correctly), the main problem is the Marlins' AVG with RISP. That stat, .224. The best? Luis Castillo .333 (12-36). Here is the link, you might be surprised:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/battin...39&seasonType=2

Top Bottom