What's new

Penny trade

LiLLaz#8

Instead of the marlins talking so much of trading lowell i think they should stay with lowell and trade nu?ez and penny cuz they are both doing horrible.any thoughts? :mischief2

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
um...

who do you acquire....

its not simply trading players cause you dont like their performances....

you have to find a team willing to acquire those players.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ok your saying trade away a guy who right now without A.J. is a key part of the future IMO. The Marlins are screwed IMO if A.J. is done and you trade away another young guy. Sure their's Willis but seriously dude why trade young guys over old guys?

Also Penny is not as big trade bait as he was last year plus he's not going to settle all The Marlins money problems. Nunez makes 2 million but that's still not going to solve the problems.

This is the real world not LilLaz dream zone. Mike, Luis and Lee unless they can move a few low millions guys two of those are going to have to go and it's foolish to keep them on the team when you can get the farm with them.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just write who u think we should get for them 2 ? :)
Your not going to get anything special. A washed up two million dollar pitcher is not going to bring jackshit.

A young pitcher who has yet to wow anybody and is never going to shake the injury plagued tag. Is not going to solve The Marlins problems.

Face it the core is going to be gone, might as well get something for it.

LiLLaz#8

jack s*** sounds like a pretty good player. :lol
NEWS JUST IN!!!!!!!! nu?ez has been traded for beinfest's new hat!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^yeah right.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Try not to clutter the boards with three posts in a row.

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
Since you brought it up, Penny has been rumored to be trade bait for a bat. I think the Marlins will trade Penny the same day they trade Lowell. Similar to last year Floyd/ Dempster deals. Penny for Adam Dunn is one and Penny to Texas for 3B/2B Mark Teixeira. Here's the catch Florida might included AJ in the deal to get one of this young hitters. This team will look very different come Aug. The question will it be better?

LiLLaz#8

hopefully not dunn because he's got bout 20 homeruns this season and probably 100somethang k's so i rather get teixeira. :)

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Penny stunk up the place tonight, but don't overract. He's had a very nice season up until this start.

I'd like to see him pitch more innings when he starts, but before tonight he had 4 good starts in a row.

Tonight was inexusable though. Your team hands you a 5-1 lead and you throw it in the toilet. :banghead

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
you are not getting tex for penny and/or an injured burnett.

trust me.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
I rather trade Lowell than Penny since AJ is out who will be our Ace? Who will we put in for Penny? Dont tell me Michael Tejera! We cannot trade Penny right now. We have to wait until Aj comes back to make any pitching trades......

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
huh?

Lowell or Penny?

Lowell....

Penny is crap....5-1 lead and he blows the game.....?(i know its just 1 game)

you keep Lowell over Penny....

Marlins Bandit

Muckdog
Reaction score
huh?

Lowell or Penny?

Lowell....

Penny is crap....5-1 lead and he blows the game.....?(i know its just 1 game)

you keep Lowell over Penny....
I wouldn't. Lowell is turning 30 or is 30. Penny is what, 25 and getting better. You keep the future ace. Pitchers generally mature when they are 30 also. He has a huge, bright future ahead of him.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
does the future ace of this team change weekly or something?

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score
Remind me again...Who is going to take a young pitcher with a rap for injury who hasn't proven that he can consistently win? How much of a market is there for him?

Another one... How do we pay for Adam Dunn, or Texiera, should they be aquired in a trade??? Or how do we keep them once they get here and want a contract that is worth more than 2 mil or is longer than one year?

All we are going to get for these trades is a boatload of prospects (who don't cost anything) or cheap role players with small and/or short contracts.

Marlins Bandit

Muckdog
Reaction score
does the future ace of this team change weekly or something?
No, we have several that can fit into that category. Penny just happens to be one and I do think having a potentially great pitcher is more valuable than a good thirdbaseman.

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score
No, we have several that can fit into that category. Penny just happens to be one and I do think having a potentially great pitcher is more valuable than a good thirdbaseman.
I've had it up to my ears with the Marlins' "potentially great pitchers". Dempster, Burnett, Beckett, Clement, Willis, Penny, the list goes on and on.

The problem is that pitchers usually don't become "great" for a few years. And, as a coincidence, the Marlins can't afford players after a few years.

We may have several potentially great pitchers, but I guarantee you they won't be great in a Marlins uniform.

Instead of whoring themselves out for pitching prospects, how about the Marlins actually sign someone to a long-term deal when they are young and let them develop into greatness while actually in a teal uniform?

Ravenlord

Muckdog
Reaction score
Adam Dunn only makes about $300.000 a year right now. but there's nothing the Marlins have pitching wise right now, that would fetch Dunn away from the Reds. you have to remember 2 things:

1. JimBo would never trade for pitchers who aren't retread (see the past 3 years for examples)

2. The Marlins probably wouldn't be willing to part with what would be neccessarry to get Dunn.

Top Bottom