What's new

Pete Gammons article

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
*I post a week or so ago a post about possible LF replacement and was shot down by.......hmmmm :rolleyes: ramp maybe about Ibanez being on the block come June. Well he's a free agent to be and with some strong south Florida ties this guy would welcome a trade to play in front of families and friends. The Royals wouldn't be able to keep him. remember his name

"Royals GM Allard Baird already is coping with the reality that Raul Ibanez is a free agent at the end of this season. But Baird believes that Ibanez, who came into his own after manager Tony Pena took over last season, is a must-sign for the Kansas City franchise, especially since Carlos Beltran will not sign a long-term contract."

Alex among the best second only to the best in ML

Marlins' Gonzalez realizing potential
There are few, if any coaches in the business with more respect than Marlins infield instructor Perry Hill, and his crowning achievement may have been his help developing Alex Gonzalez. No one has ever questioned Gonzalez's ability, but he earned the nickname "Sea Bass" because he constantly looked so unhappy and often played with disinterest. But Gonzalez this season has played hard and played brilliantly, both offensively and defensively.

And where we used to talk about how the American League had the great shortstops, take a look at the top 10 players at that position in terms of OPS through Sunday:

1. Alex Rodriguez 1.093
2. Alex Gonzalez, Marlins 1.045
3. Edgar Renteria .980
4. Jose Valentin .885
5. Alex Gonzalez, Cubs .861
6. Rafael Furcal .851
7. Rey Ordonez .833
8. (tie) Ramon Vazquez .825
8. (tie) Royce Clayton .825
10. Nomar Garciaparra .800

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score
trade H-Worth and 1 prospect for Raul i luv Raul he has good arm good contact good speed and ok power.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
umm....

why would the royals do that deal?

question.

maybe if the prospect was adrian gonzalez or jason stokes.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
trade H-Worth and 1 prospect for Raul i luv Raul he has good arm good contact good speed and ok power.
if they do that deal the Royals are clearly total idiots...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
They do it because they need to get rid of cold...hard...cash! Why do you think we made that ridiculous trade (at the time) to the Cubs last year? It was one sided all the way (at the time).

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Ibanez makes next to nothing.

If they took on Hollandsworth for Ibanez, they pay more.

Logic is definitely flawed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom