What's new

Petit is starting for the D-Backs today

Big_Rob

Muckdog
Reaction score
So Petit gets the nod today, called up after Micah Owings messed up his hammy going 1st to third (turns out he's a heck of a hitter) and we all get to complain how we needed that insurance starter with all of the injuries early in the year and Julio has cost us more games (6?) than he has saved (0?). Let the complaining begin!

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
If he turns out to be a good starter, the Julio trade is officially the worst in club history.

mafatumatt

Muckdog
Reaction score
2 runs on 4 hits over 7 innings with 5 ks. good start for him.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
If he turns out to be a good starter, the Julio trade is officially the worst in club history.
if he wins 1 game for the D-Backs, it's an awful trade, because Julio's already blown 3.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
if he wins 1 game for the D-Backs, it's an awful trade, because Julio's already blown 3.

I think it was a bad trade the moment it happened, because it's Jorge Julio we're talking about.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score

I think it was a bad trade the moment it happened, because it's Jorge Julio we're talking about.
I don't think anyone doubts it was a bad trade, but the question is: was a bad trade, or the worst trade?

Big_Rob

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pretty regrettable trade so far. I think Julio's gonna be "hurt" for a long time, like forever.

Jimmy42Jack0

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pretty regrettable trade so far. I think Julio's gonna be "hurt" for a long time, like forever.
i agree...and did we give up anyone to get billy koch? that was a pretty miserable trade as well...

Libelula

Muckdog
Reaction score
We traded Wilson Valdez for Koch. And I can't believe I was excited when we got him. What the hell was I thinking?

As for Julio, he's gonna pull a Ramon Castro and be injured for the whole year. XD.

Beinfest4Prez

Muckdog
Reaction score
We traded Wilson Valdez for Koch. And I can't believe I was excited when we got him. What the hell was I thinking?

As for Julio, he's gonna pull a Ramon Castro and be injured for the whole year. XD.

At least with Koch there is a very legitimate medical issue affecting him and his family.

XxFactorxX

Muckdog
Reaction score
Petit is probably getting one more start for the D-backs so we can see what happens. He pitched good today except for the 2 bombs allowed, one to Barry Bonds.

Sirspud

Muckdog
Reaction score
We traded practically nothing for Koch because he was truly on the block, but with Julio we not only traded a guy who appears to have been needed by us so far, and also to fill a hole that didn't truly need to be filled by a mediocre player.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
Derrek Lee for Hee Seop Choi has to be up there when talking about worst Marlins trades ever.

The Luis Castillo for Travis Bowyer (TJ surgery) and Scott Tyler (mediocre prospect at best) trade is beginning to look worse daily as well.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Derrek Lee for Hee Seop Choi has to be up there when talking about worst Marlins trades ever.
But we made up for that trade when we signed Carlos Delgado..... :banghead

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
He didn't win but he deserved to.

Big_Rob

Muckdog
Reaction score

The Luis Castillo for Travis Bowyer (TJ surgery) and Scott Tyler (mediocre prospect at best) trade is beginning to look worse daily as well.

I forgot about that one! I was furious when the Dodgers sent Paul LoDuca packing to pick Choi up. I believe I shed a tear that day.

rferry

Muckdog
Reaction score

Under the circumstances, it was a good trade. We held onto Castillo and Lowell and tried to make a run at re-signing Pudge - all top 10 players at their positions - by trading Lee away. And we got back a promising talent and a lefthanded bat our lineup lacked despite having close to zero leverage. That Choi didn't contribute up to the expectations of many - and mainly Jack McKeon - made the trade bad. What made it unforgettable was that Lee took his game to MVP level.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

Under the circumstances, it was a good trade. We held onto Castillo and Lowell and tried to make a run at re-signing Pudge - all top 10 players at their positions - by trading Lee away. And we got back a promising talent and a lefthanded bat our lineup lacked despite having close to zero leverage. That Choi didn't contribute up to the expectations of many - and mainly Jack McKeon - made the trade bad. What made it unforgettable was that Lee took his game to MVP level.
and that Choi has never done anything since

Top Bottom