What's new

Pitching schedule for Spring Training.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
VOLSTAD AGAINST UM: Right-hander Chris Volstad, Florida's first-round draft pick in 2005, will start the Marlins' first exhibition game Tuesday at Roger Dean Stadium against the University of Miami.

Volstad, a 2005 graduate of Palm Beach Gardens High, will throw two innings and be followed by three other pitchers selected in the first round of the '05 draft: right-hander Jacob Marceaux, right-hander Ryan Tucker and left-hander Aaron Thomson. They'll each throw one inning along with right-handers Gaby Hernandez, Paul Mildren, Henry Owens and Matt Lindstrom.

The game, starting at 3:05 p.m., and will feature Florida's regular starting lineup.

Left-hander Scott Olsen will start Wednesdays Grapefruit League opener against the St. Louis Cardinals. The Marlins will throw relief pitchers Thursday against the Orioles in Jupiter.

Palmbeachpost.com :) .

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't believe that they have announced anything yet

BobbyBowden

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Sun-Sentinel said that Freddy will announce it this afternoon.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
VOLSTAD AGAINST UM: Right-hander Chris Volstad, Florida's first-round draft pick in 2005, will start the Marlins' first exhibition game Tuesday at Roger Dean Stadium against the University of Miami.

Volstad, a 2005 graduate of Palm Beach Gardens High, will throw two innings and be followed by three other pitchers selected in the first round of the '05 draft: right-hander Jacob Marceaux, right-hander Ryan Tucker and left-hander Aaron Thomson. They'll each throw one inning along with right-handers Gaby Hernandez, Paul Mildren, Henry Owens and Matt Lindstrom.

The game, starting at 3:05 p.m., and will feature Florida's regular starting lineup.

Left-hander Scott Olsen will start Wednesdays Grapefruit League opener against the St. Louis Cardinals. The Marlins will throw relief pitchers Thursday against the Orioles in Jupiter.
I can't wait!!!!! :woot

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
WHAT ABOUT FRIDAY! IM GOING FRIDAY!

"Dontrelle Willis is scheduled to make his first Spring Training appearance on Friday against the Orioles at Fort Lauderdale Stadium" :)

TimeWrecker

Muckdog
Reaction score
WHAT ABOUT FRIDAY! IM GOING FRIDAY!

"Dontrelle Willis is scheduled to make his first Spring Training appearance on Friday against the Orioles at Fort Lauderdale Stadium" :)

OMG! One Day earlier and it woulda been relief pitchers!

THANK YOU HOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

babaru

Muckdog
Reaction score
man, in terms of watching all the young talent we have in the bullpen or mid season starters(future talent) thats a great game to watch

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Oh man I'm getting so excited for the 6th now...
Me too. Hopefully someone good for the Fish is pitching.

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
does that mean olsen's gonna be the ace and start the season opener?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
no

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
From what I overheard (Olsen talking to a fan) Olsen is going to be pitching the last game in Washington.

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
From what I overheard (Olsen talking to a fan) Olsen is going to be pitching the last game in Washington.

He's our third starter, then. That means Anibal is going to be our second starter. Ricky fourth. And then someone else fifth. All of this assuming JJ starts the season on the DL.

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
ok, thanks.

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score

He's our third starter, then. That means Anibal is going to be our second starter. Ricky fourth. And then someone else fifth. All of this assuming JJ starts the season on the DL.

According to the Marlins web site this puts Willis in line to be the Opening Day starter on 6 days rest. The rotation should be Willis, Sanchez, Olsen, and Nolasco starting the Home Opener. They may decide to go with a 4 man rotation until the 17th because of off days on the 5th and 12th.

Top Bottom