What's new

Pittsburgh

Trey05Marlins

Muckdog
Reaction score
1. Hermida needs to return and start at RF immediately.
2. Dontrelle needs to prove he's the ace and the stopper of the staff and come up with a great start and pitch at least seven innings
3. Whoever plays in CF (Amezega, who can't hit lefties, or Abercrombie, who can't hit anyone) needs to step it up and get some key base hits or sacrifices (no K's please).
4. Get runs early in the game, even if it's only one in an inning.
5. We must play better defense. Eliminate the errors and come up with some web-gems.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
No leadoff walks. No errors. And get some hits with RISP.

that's it.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Miggy's gotta get used to teams pitching him away away away and not allow it to frustrate him.

Nats did it, and it worked.

A)Hope LaRoche doesnt wake up and go on a HR frenzy. Its bound to happen.

All I can really think of.

BullDurham

Muckdog
Reaction score
Don't worry, LaDouche won't do anything soon. If there's one player you need to watch out for, it's Ryan Doumit, who's just been hitting at a torrid pace. Also, Gorzelanny is not going to be easy to hit against. Maholm and Duke/Armas (not sure which one will get the start) are absolutely putrid right now. Be lucky the Marlins aren't facing Snell. Finally, just pray the Pirates front office doesn't wake up and call up either Bryan Bullington, John Van Benschoten, or Sean Burnett. My prediction: first game is a pitcher's duel (toss-up), last two the Marlins should win easily.

Cabrerafan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Cabrera getting back into the groove. I missed half of Sat.'s game and obviously all of Sunday's, but it appears with 4 walks in the series that the Nats finally got smart and pitched around him.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Miggy's gotta get used to teams pitching him away away away and not allow it to frustrate him.

Thats how every team should pitch him.

Cabrerafan

Muckdog
Reaction score

Thats how every team should pitch him.

I thought Cabrera likes outside pitches; he can take them to the opposite field.

HelmsE

Muckdog
Reaction score
It seems to me that the Marlins just need to get back to playing solid, fundamental baseball. There have been far too many errors and mistakes that at this point should simply not be happening. Despite all the injuries right now, the Marlins ARE a better team than how they've played as of late. Let's hope they can put this sweep by the Nationals behind them and start winning some games.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
We need to stop leaving runners on base, but the bottom of the order doesn't seem good enough for that.

Top Bottom