What's new

possible Rookie of the Year "matchup"

kastofsna

Muckdog
Reaction score
On Saturday, a potentional ROY matchup of both leagues could occur. Who wins: Dontrelle or Rocco? I'm a die-hard Rays fan, but I've been in love with Willis for a few weeks now. So who ya got?

JMLinkinPark

Muckdog
Reaction score
Rocco Goes 1-4 with a Single. Willis gets another CG if Pitch Count is Low :cool

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
At this rate they could both win for their respective leagues.

As far as head-to-head, I think the edge probably goes to the pitcher when it's the first time facing each other. Willis wins.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
-Both have extremely high chances of being All-stars and Rookies of the Year!
-Rocco will be a problem for the Fish unless we can figure him out fast,
-Dontrelle pitches second game of Rays Series I believe, so we will see about him.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Im going for Dontrelle all the way but remeber what Rocco has done. He is a very good solid Hitter and a spectacular Fielder...

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
-The Rookie of the Year needs to be consistent, so far Willis is. If Willis can keep form he will win it! No question, Seo is playing on a bad Mets team and that won't help him, people love Willis and his story. How he was raised by his mother, how he calls his best friend daily, how he is so excited about everything. Seo is not as people friendly as Willis, he has a disadvantage because he is new to the US, but so was Ichiro. The style of play and performance from here till then will decide.
-Rocco has no real competition does he? With the name, Rocco BAldelli he already won the AL ROY. LOL :D

MarlinLover2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
I know for a fact that Dontrelle Willis will kill all of the R.O.Y. nominees because know rookie has more talent and heart that Dontrelle Willis has. Therefore, I shall have to go with DONTRELLE WILLIS! :cool

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I know for a fact that Dontrelle Willis will kill all of the R.O.Y. nominees because know rookie has more talent and heart that Dontrelle Willis has. Therefore, I shall have to go with DONTRELLE WILLIS! :cool
it's a fact that DW has more heart than other rookies?

more like an opinion :p

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I love both...

They are both going to be super stars, but Willis will win the match... At least the first time around...

kastofsna

Muckdog
Reaction score
Rocco's start to the season was truly impressive. Now, it seems that against teams he's already faced, his average seems to drop. DW's first look at him will result in an extra-base hit, perhaps a stolen base as well.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
We shall see this weekend. The Rays come in to play the Fish. Willis is due to pitch Game 2 I believe, and Rocco is forecasted to start that game in CF.

Latest posts

Top Bottom