• St. Louis Cardinals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Milwaukee Brewers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
Anyone not pulling for the Rays in game 5?

I know the Astros are great and it's nothing against them but I think as Marlins fans a lot of us do appreciate the Rays as the underdogs and, despite my disdain for about 20,000 of the fans at the Trop the last few days, I would enjoy seeing the Rays go as far as possible this postseason.

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score

I know the Astros are great and it's nothing against them but I think as Marlins fans a lot of us do appreciate the Rays as the underdogs and, despite my disdain for about 20,000 of the fans at the Trop the last few days, I would enjoy seeing the Rays go as far as possible this postseason.
Yeah even though I predicted an Astros/Cards World Series, I am rooting for the Rays.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
Yeah I hate bandwagon fans. Same thing happened with the Marlins in 1997 and 2003. What sucks is that some loyal fans who went during the year may have been unable to get tickets to the playoff game because a fake fan went.
I know it doesn't work that way but real fans should get priority and even discounts for postseason tickets. Like you have to have attended x number of games during previous months and previous seasons before buying postseason tickets. In our case, anyone who attended more than a few games in 2018 and 2019 should automatically get priority when the Marlins finally get back to the postseason.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
Yeah even though I predicted an Astros/Cards World Series, I am rooting for the Rays.
Yea I predicted Dodgers over Astros but have been pulling for the Rays since day one. I still think Dodgers win it all in the end.

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score
I know it doesn't work that way but real fans should get priority and even discounts for postseason tickets. Like you have to have attended x number of games during previous months and previous seasons before buying postseason tickets. In our case, anyone who attended more than a few games in 2018 and 2019 should automatically get priority when the Marlins finally get back to the postseason.
Hm! I may fall into fake fan status then! I've only made it to 3 or 4 games the last two years.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
Hm! I may fall into fake fan status then! I've only made it to 3 or 4 games the last two years.
That may be enough lol. There may be other qualifications that work too. One can also support the team and not make it to many games as well to be fair.

The point is, don't boycott and badmouth the team when they suck and then show up in Game 1 of the Division Series with your jersey and cap that you just bought at the team store 30 mins before the game.

I guess it irks me even more with the Rays than the Marlins because, I mean, I have to admit it's not easy to make it to as many games when your team is losing 100+. But the Rays have an empty ballpark when the team has a winning record and is in contention, seems like a huge difference to me.

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Oh I'm there with you. I just know it'd be the same exact thing here in Bandwagon, FL.

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score

I feel like I have gone to more Rays games this year then like 10,000 of the additional fans. And I only went to 1 game there this year.

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
I'm rooting for Rays vs Nats, but predicted Astros vs Nats.

Does it make me a bad Marlins fan to pull for a division rival? What are your thoughts on the Nationals anyway?

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
I wish I could go to more games, but until I graduate I'm gonna be in Gainesville for a while. Only games I can go to are my 1 week off in the summer when I visit my family. Still I agree with this. Someone should propose this at the Dimelo booth.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
I thought they played in Lowly, FL. Did the commissioner approve the move to Bandwagon?
They play in Lowly but the players live in Bandwagon. It's like the A's players who play in Oakland but will soon be living in Las Vegas.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
I feel like I have gone to more Rays games this year then like 10,000 of the additional fans. And I only went to 1 game there this year.
Yes exactly this. I've been to two Rays games at the Trop in my life and I feel like I may have still gone to more games than a lot of people who were there this week, before this week.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
I'm rooting for Rays vs Nats, but predicted Astros vs Nats.

Does it make me a bad Marlins fan to pull for a division rival? What are your thoughts on the Nationals anyway?
I don't have any real problem with the Nationals but I can't see myself pulling for them unless they're playing someone I really dislike a lot more, like the Mets.

Someone should propose this at the Dimelo booth.
It sounds like an awesome idea for die hard fans but gotta remember this is all still a business. They're never gonna turn away paying customers just because they aren't real fans. With that said, I'm pretty positive that season ticket holders do get first crack at postseason tickets already. Discounts would be nice and I guess it's not out of the question but unlikely they'd do much more than that.

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
It sounds like an awesome idea for die hard fans but gotta remember this is all still a business. They're never gonna turn away paying customers just because they aren't real fans. With that said, I'm pretty positive that season ticket holders do get first crack at postseason tickets already. Discounts would be nice and I guess it's not out of the question but unlikely they'd do much more than that.
There really should be a fan loyalty program or something like that. Fans should make an account and pick up points for going to games and buying merch from mlb.com's shop.

I don't have any real problem with the Nationals but I can't see myself pulling for them unless they're playing someone I really dislike a lot more, like the Mets.
Honestly, I tend to root for teams that are either expansion teams or small market like the Marlins. Nationals have never even been to the World Series and now that Harper and Nyjer Morgan are gone I have less of a reason to root against them. Besides, it's not like there are any other good options in the NL this year, especially the Braves.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
now that Harper and Nyjer Morgan are gone I have less of a reason to root against them
This is amazing. Nyjer Morgan was such a tool. Didn't he have an alter ego too? He would call himself a different name.

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score

I believe you're correct that ticket holders do have a priority for postseason tickets.

There really should be a fan loyalty program or something like that. Fans should make an account and pick up points for going to games and buying merch from mlb.com's shop.
I know the Marlins have a loyalty program if you're a season ticket holder (whether that be full, half, 20 game, etc), but I don't think there's one for casual Joe Fan that shows up to a game or two a season. I agree it'd be nice to have something like that.

Top Bottom