What's new

Prospect Watch..

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
*Denny Bautista - First, everyone should read the post Ed made about Denny. Pedro's cousin who had a mediocre year last season, but is improving with every start this time around. In his first start after being promoted to AA Carolina he pitched 6 innings, giving up only 3 singles and 2 walks, while striking out 5 and getting the win. Baseball America has him at #6 on their top prospect hot sheet. Looks like this kid could be very dominant SP with the stuff of a #2.

*Evan Greusel - Heres a guy I've never heard of doing extremely well in low A ball. In 29.2 IP he has 31 K's with 3 walks. Maybe Ed can find something on this guy....? ...found out he got promoted to high A ball in Jupiter and got rocked so...forget this guy for now.

*Andy Rohleder - Another low A ball prospect in the OF with Hermida. Batting .260 in 250 AB's but has 10 homers and 11 2B's with a respectable 37BB's to 55K's.

*Jeremy Hermida - In the OF with Rohleder. Improved much from early season woes and sports a .282 avg with 4 homers 12 2b's and 3 3B's. A very nice sign is the BB/K ratio which is 42/52. That kind of patience is what takes prospects far.

*Casey Blalock - Any relation to Hank? Appears to be the closer with 9 saves, 31 IP with 33 K's and 0 HR's allowed. Not to mention the 1.89 ERA..maybe a future closer?

Well thats all for Greensboro, maybe I'll do Jupiter tomorrow? Edcanes if you want to take this over or fill in the gaps your better at this stuff than me. Felt like doing Denny at the time because he's a very hot prospect right now.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
Felt like doing Denny at the time because he's a very hot prospect right now.

^^

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
Andino is struggling at the plate this year. At Low-A Greensboro, he's hitting .186 (41 for 120) with 9 doubles, 2 triples, 0 homers and 17 RBI. He also has 73 K's. Looks like he's having trouble in the field as well- 17 errors.

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score
Denny is going to the All Furture games after the all star game :thumbup :p :w00t

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
hey what about my low a stats

i went 1-10 with o hr's and 1 rbi

how come i didnt get any coverage

screw you guys, you're just like espn

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score
hey what about my low a stats

i went 1-10 with o hr's and 1 rbi

how come i didnt get any coverage

screw you guys, you're just like espn
who u played for ?

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
who u played for ?
nah dude i was jut mesin around..lol

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
RHP Evan Greusel is from Oklahoma and was 17th pick in last year draft. His college kid so his a little ahead of the curve. I glad his made it up to Jupiter.

OF Andrew Rohleder is out Indiana and went to Evansville was a 24th round pick also in last year draft. Him and OF Joe Apopker out of Barry were the two position players I was high on last year in Jamestown (short-season)

RHP Casey Blalock is out of LATech don't know much about him as far as being related to Hank.

Top Bottom