What's new

Pudge At Third

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
i dont know ifhe's inupiter but i know he's not in carolina for sure.

thats willis and carbera's team

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Stokes is in Juptier, not Carolina, right?
yea my bad.....

Jupiter....A Ball

cgator

Muckdog
Reaction score
we can put Miguel at 2b and pudge at 3rd
I sure hope that was sarcasm, because that is ridiculous. At this point, if he were to change positions, he should only move to the outfield...especially with his arm.

Cabrera should stay at third.

later.........

MarlinMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
when you say a year behind do you mean that he did bad so his eta was set back a year or that he is just younger or drafter later?
drafted later and he is in AA ball, Adrian is in AAA ball Stokes was not drafted later. Adrian and he were produced from the same draft, Adrian being our #1 that year and Stokes being our #2. Stokes, however, held out during a contract dispute and did not attend rookie ball that year and the Marlins, when they finally signed him, decided to wait a year and send him to the next years rookie ball instead of just skipping it and putting him in single A. Then he experieneced injuries such as his back problem which limited him that year so it essentially set him back another year and that is why he is not in AAA with Adrian right now.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
thanks MarlinMan....

that clears it up

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
One thing is for sure, the Marlins have a lot of options to play around with at just the right time - after they have only 1 guy under contract after this season, Pierre. There will be a lot of movement this offseason, and we may see a mix of young and veteran talent come in here.

If we can put up a good fight over the course of the season and drive attendance up to respectability, we may be able to sign Vlad Guererro. I know that some may laugh at that, but I think we actually may have an inside track on him since some of his coaches are here and I believe the scout that signed him is with us. Also he is not a big city guy and will likely not go to a NY, Boston, etc. Not that Miami is not a big city, but the Latin community sure is appealing.

Anyway, back to the point of this thread. Pudge seems open to moving to three main positions, OF, 3B, 2B. I expect either Castillo or Lowell to be gone after this season, and I am hoping it is Castillo. He is easier to replace, expecially when we have Pierre also. OF, Pudge could play LF at home (on the road, maybe RF?). But if we sign Vlad, things could get interesting. Of course, this is all a long stretch at this point. ;)

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Welcome back jonny.. hope this time it's for a longer period :mischief2 :lol :D :shifty

Welcome back jonny.

I expect either Castillo or Lowell to be gone after this season, and I am hoping it is Castillo

If given the choice -- I'd need to think about this. I'd rather keep both but hmm.

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
thanks Durabletear. It is good to be back. I hope it is for good too! :D

By the way, are you also a D-Rays fan? I find what they are doing very interesting right now, I like Baldelli a lot. But I would hate to be in the same division as the Yankees...

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score

By the way, are you also a D-Rays fan? I find what they are doing very interesting right now, I like Baldelli a lot. But I would hate to be in the same division as the Yankees...
I have the D-Rays avatar as a disguse... I work for the MBIA.. (MarlinsBaseball.com Intelligence Agency).. :lol

Tear, DurableTear :shifty

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

I have the D-Rays avatar as a disguse... I work for the MBIA.. (MarlinsBaseball.com Intelligence Agency).. :lol

Tear, DurableTear :shifty oh

i just thought you were fickle with your teams

:plain

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
oh

i just thought you were fickle with your teams

:plain
I won't respond to that.. :shifty

Top Bottom