What's new

Pudge can do it all..

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Remember "Pudge can't handle pitchers", "Ranger Pitching was horrible because of him."

Guess what..

Staff ERA:
  • Pudge: 3.79
  • Redmond: 7.01
  • Castro: 5.68
:shifty :mischief :mischief2

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
ya i believe it, i never bit into that stupid comment.

its never the catchers fault, if the pitcher doesnt wanna throw a fastball of breaking ball at that certain time, he can easily say no , with a quick nod of the head.

what the catcher flashes to the pitcher is a suggestion.

i think it was more of pitchers being to too shy or embaressed to nod off a future hall of famer. and pudge is doing fine for us behind the plate except for the occasional pass ball, but not even one has single handedly lost us a game yet

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
its never the catchers fault, if the pitcher doesnt wanna throw a fastball of breaking ball at that certain time, he can easily say no , with a quick nod of the head.
not true. plain and simple....

if a catcher and pitcher are not on the same page it can lead to some very unfortunate things.....

the era numbers lie in some regards, mainly due to redmond and castro do not have as many innings catching the starters and you the numbers 'lie' a bit...

however, i will give credit that it seems like pudge is taking his biggest weakness and turning it around....while reports of Pudge not being a great caller of a game may have been greatly exaggerated, i do think that there was some truth to those comments...too many made them for you to believe that there was just some 'bad blood' existing....

still props to pudge on working well with teh pitchers so far in the season.

Top Bottom