What's new

Pudge over Redmond tonight....

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pudge vs. Glavine: Manager Jeff Torborg knows catcher Mike Redmond has a.538 career batting average (21-for-39) against Tom Glavine -- the highest against Glavine among players with at least 15 at-bats. However, Ivan Rodriguez is hitting.375 with two home runs and nine RBI in his first eight games with the Marlins.

That's why Torborg is leaning toward starting Rodriguez today, even though Rodriguez has never batted against the left-hander.

"Redmond is so good for us, but how do you take this guy out of the lineup unless it's a rest factor with a short night? That's tough to do. He's a force,'' Torborg said. "If it was a day game. it'd have been perfect.''

orisha

Muckdog
Reaction score
i never had any doubts about this, pudge is the man, he has to play.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
redmond is hitting .538 for his career against glavine.

why are you not playing him?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pudge is on fire..... no way do you take him out.... Glavine on the hill or not....

and even if Pudge goes 0-5 with 5k's tonight, it was the right decision

MarlinsFans46

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree with Das- this is complete idiocy. It's not like Mike Redmond is 1-2 against him- he's 21-39. Most of his home runs come off left-handers, anyway. So "Pudge" has walked a few times in the past few games... I believe that in this case Redmond's history comes before Rodriguez.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
of course the thing is.....

torborg has no clue how to properly manage his roster....

so its not like i would be shocked to see him screw things up once more.....

not only in this situation...but various other situations....

as seen in the past.

Pudge is the star, and he's doing great but Redmond almost always gets a hit or two off Glavine. Use this as a extra day off for Pudge and start Redmond. I don't agree with Torborg.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
torborg will wear out his starters again this year.

wait and see.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like what torborg is doing. Pudge is tearing up these last few games and has to keep his bat in the lineup. I know Mike Redmond hits good against glavine but C'mon Ivan is hitting very good and walking alot too....

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
for once, I agree with AJ on this....

you may disagree with this move, but to say it is idiocy, is idiocy

let me guess, if Andy Fox was 21-39 off a pitcher, but we had ARod, you would gladly bench ARod?

come on

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
catcher takes much more of a physical effort than shortstop.

you have to find ways to give your catcher days off whenever possible.

this is a very good reason and a good excuse to give pudge one of those day's off that catchers need throughout the season.

yeah i know...its only april.

and???

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think this is a very tough decision for torborg. IMO if the Marlins had won the first game of this series Redmond would be out there, but seeing the club can't lose back to back home series. torborg is saying if I'm going down I'm going down with his best out there.

LowellFan74

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm with Torborg on this one. Pudge is on a hot streak right now.. he also has a career .304 average vs. left-handed pitchers.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
you have to find ways to give your catcher days off whenever possible.
Yea but Pudge really wanted to play in this one. Its how comftable Ivan feels, We need him in there. We need his production in the 3 hole....

Top Bottom