What's new

Pudge Sets record

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ivan sets the Marlins Franchise record with 5 bases on balls in one game. He was 0-0 LAst gfaame when Al leiter walked him 4 times and benitez walked him once also. Thats pretty hard to acomplish but they didnt want to give him nothing down the middle so they pitched around him. I hope they stop doing that because we need his bat batting and getting pierre and castillo in. Check out the article...

That homer -- a three-run blast in the third off left-hander Mark Redman -- erased a record-tying performance by Marlins catcher Iv?n Rodr?guez, whose five walks matched the modern National League record. But Rodr?guez was stranded all five times as the Marlins left 11 men on base.

''I don't think I've ever seen a guy walk five times,'' Marlins hitting coach Bill Robinson said. And considering he was managing at Double A Shreveport, La., in 1992, the last time it happened in the majors, he probably hasn't seen such a thing.

After Rodr?guez walked to load the bases, Lee drove Castillo in with a sacrifice fly to center. Lee had another chance to do some damage in the ninth when, after Rodr?guez walked on a 3-2 pitch, he came to bat against Armando Ben?tez representing the tying run. But his long drive to left died a few feet short of the warning track for the final out.

Link

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
great...

Lowell and Lee better start producing...

props to Lee for actually driving the ball...

Lowell needs to take a couple of pitches.... he isnt Nomar.... he cant just nail the first pitch out of the park

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea lee got a great at bat yesterday we need Lee and lowell to produce now....

Top Bottom