What's new

Pudge struggling behind the plate

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pudge has to many passed balls and 1 happened yesterday! I dont know what up with him. Either he got crossed up with the signs or he needs Glasses. I hope he starts doing better than that if not i perfer Mike redmond behind the plate...here is an article on those Passed balls.

Link

Marlins4lyf

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pudge has to many passed balls and 1 happened yesterday! I dont know what up with him. Either he got crossed up with the signs or he needs Glasses. I hope he starts doing better than that if not i perfer Mike redmond behind the plate...here is an article on those Passed balls.

Link
he has 3 pass ball already

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
he has 3 pass ball already
Yea, thats too many for 2 games. Today in the last inning pudge missed anoher pitch by looper but it was ruled a wild pitch but it was catchable. I dont know whats up with him.

CHRISTYTOD

Well, now it's 4, after today's game.

Amazing.

MasterChief

Muckdog
Reaction score
correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't today's changed to a wild pitch?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
i thought Pudge was good if not great behind the plate?

You know Gold Glove quality....

Marlins4lyf

Muckdog
Reaction score
today pitch that he miss was ruled a Wild pitch not Pass Ball so he still has 3...But lets for get that he doing great in the hitting and he throw out 1 runner this series!

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
if pudge can go the next few months without a passed ball...all will be forgotten....

but 3 passed balls after 3 games is inexcusable.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't today's changed to a wild pitch?
Yes today's was a wild pitch. This reminds me of that game Posada had of 4 passed balls! :eek:

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
i think i read that he's had only about 13 passed balls in his entire career before this season. i'm sure he'll be fine.

Marlins4lyf

Muckdog
Reaction score
i think i read that he's had only about 13 passed balls in his entire career before this season. i'm sure he'll be fine.
he had 6 last year.

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
yea but today's wild pitch could have easily been caught. it was just a fast rising fastball. he didnt react quick enough

CyggyMarlin

Here For The Plan
Reaction score
It makes you wonder that if Pudge and the pitchers haven't been on the same page and Pudge keeps getting crossed up, that this should have been resolved in Spring Training...why is all this suddenly becoming evident when the games start to count?

I wonder if Torborg really got this team ready to go during ST...or if he figured: "put them out on the field they'll do the rest" approach?

Top Bottom