What's new

Question

futuremarlinsgm

Muckdog
Reaction score
Looking back almost exactly one year ago, we traded IF Josh Wilson to the Rockies for a player to be named. Have we ever received that player to be named? If not, then the Marlins should do something about it because we could get an outfield prospect or reliever like we need now.

farmer_fran

Muckdog
Reaction score
Looking back almost exactly one year ago, we traded IF Josh Wilson to the Rockies for a player to be named. Have we ever received that player to be named? If not, then the Marlins should do something about it because we could get an outfield prospect or reliever like we need now.
:notworthy

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's an interesting question. Maybe someone else will do better research than me but a quick run through Marlins transactions as listed on their website indicates no compensatory player so I have to assume they took the cash option (which was listed as part of the deal, player or cash).

He now appears to be part of the Washington Nationals organization.

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's an interesting question. Maybe someone else will do better research than me but a quick run through Marlins transactions as listed on their website indicates no compensatory player so I have to assume they took the cash option (which was listed as part of the deal, player or cash).

He now appears to be part of the Washington Nationals organization.

That's all I came up with too. He didn't even play at the major league level in '06. That may have had something to do with it. We will be recieving the new media guide with our seaon tickets this year. Hope we don't have to wait til then to find out this answer. LOL

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
like it would even matter?

josh wilson wouldnt get us anything worth anything on the major league level anyway.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Actually, his value was diminished (even below what it was when he was traded) when he broke his ankle/foot early on in the year.

Top Bottom