What's new

Ramp's Crazy Idea....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
If and it's a big if, the Marlins are in this race going into the All Star Break or just a few weeks after the break, we are gonna need another bat and a bullpen arm...My crazy idea is for a veteran bat, not arm. Here is my trade idea:

Marlins get:
Rafael Palmeiro($9,000,000)

Rangers get:
Derrek Lee($4,250,00)

Now Ramp, the Marlins are not the Yankees, they dont have that kind of money. That is completely true, but it will already be more than 1/2 way thru the season, meaning that the Marlins would only have to owe Palmeiro about $4,500,000....Well Ramp, the front office may not want to add $4,500,000.... that may be true, but Loria would be dishing out about $2,100,000 anyway for Derrek Lee's 2nd half numbers... So really, that would mean Loria only paying a little under $2,500,000 more for this season.

Also, Rafael Palmeiro is free agent at the end of the year. We all know, Derrek Lee isnt a hot commodity out there, and I dont see us getting a great prospect in return for him so why not?....If we are in the race, it couldnt hurt, only help

thoughts? comments? should i be banned?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Intreaging...

Too bad you aren't talking to Loria, but the fans of his team...

JMLinkinPark

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was Just thinking of that Same deal when i was watching Sports Center

Arnie1941

Muckdog
Reaction score
Vey interesting proposition. And good accounting. But, I'm going to stick with my gut that D. Lee always rallies in the second half of the season. And any money I find will go for a long reliever.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
DLee has never proven to hit when it counts.... keep that in mind

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like the idea, but if we arnt a few games over .500 at the ASB the FO is going to dismantle this team and we will be doormats for the next 4-5 years again.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Rangers will have no real need for Lee.

Offer them pitching and they might do it....

I would see more of a three way to ship Lee out.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
You Crazy Fool,

No I have a crazier thought...

Lowell for Choi and other Cubs Prospects

Then Ship Stokes or Gonzalez for A Major Pitching Prospect e.g. Gavin Floyd.

Ship Lee somewhere for a sack of Peanuts.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hope that was a joke because Floyd is untouchable...one of the most polsihed pitchers in the minors.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hope that was a joke because Floyd is untouchable...one of the most polsihed pitchers in the minors.
Trust me I'm A Phillies fan as much as anyone, I also love Floyd as much as anyone but...

Stokes and Gonzalez although they are First Basemen they can be worth it.

Also I'm not saying it will or talked about he was used as an example for a top notch prospect.

Even if it was possible with Bud Smith going down and doing nothing special dump it.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think it may happen Ramp. I think Loria might even be able to get the Rangers to pay more of the salary for Rafy. They want to unload him, Lee is arbitration eligible and will not earn much $$$ compared to Rafy.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Plus, you gotta keep in mind, with all the press Raffy got for No. 500, this trade would be hugely publisized. Once the So. Fla fans heard about this, they would be out to the ballpark in packs of 25,000....

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Imagine the Headlines:

"Future Hall of Famer and Native Son Palmeiro returns home to play for the hometown Marlins in a tight wildcard race."

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt if it's crossed Loria or Bienfest's mind(s)...

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Rangers haven't put him on table yet. They want him to be in All star game for them.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey what about Lee, V. Nunez, and Todd Hollandsworth for Rafy? Lee is good for them defensively and can be let go at the end of the season. Nunez, with the help of Coach Orel Hersiezer can really flourish and TH would be familiar to them and the only real downside.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey you can only help with those that can be helped. Orel helped Kenny Rogers while he was there. Nunez has the potential and has had success in the past for the Fish. The Rangers need someone like him in the bullpen (It's sad i know, but their pen sucks)

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey, you're right... He has had past succees...

Plus, if you think about it, if you gave them Lee, Vlad, and TH, that would be $8 Million in salary gone, and we'd only take on an extra Mill... But you'd probably gain that Mill back with interest from increased attendance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom