What's new

Random Triva Thread: Movie Edition

EndLine

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'll start it with an Oscar-related trivia question.

What movie(s) received the most Oscar nominations?

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Titanic and Return of the King both got 10 or 11 I know.

Edit: Wait, nominations is Titanic. 14.

It didn't win either acting nominations.

EndLine

Muckdog
Reaction score
I didn't check but I believe it is All About Eve with 16.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
You asked the question and started the thread and didn't know the answer?!

:lol

ShaqandWade323

What two actors were voted Least Likely to Succed by their classmates in an acting school?

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
I didn't check but I believe it is All About Eve with 16.
Per the 'pedia it only got 14 and is tied with Titanic.

I knew 14 sounded correct but I didn't know about All About Eve.

Interesting. I'm decent with Academy Award trivia from 1970 on and get better by the decade. I'd get rocked with anything before then.

EndLine

Muckdog
Reaction score
I knew it was All About Eve (forgot about Titanic). I shouldn't have said that.

But

I was still wrong. :D

Next Question?

Okay Fox, I'm going to give you a fairly easy pre-70s question.

What movie was the first to win the top 4 awards (picture, director, actor, actress)?

CrimsonCane

Posted this in the other trivia thread, but I figured it was better suited for this thread.

Who is the only male actor to have won an Academy Award each time he was nominated? (Has to have at least 2 nominations)

BobbyBowden

Muckdog
Reaction score
In the movie The Goonies, which player's baseball card did they find in Chester Copperpot's wallet?

CyggyMarlin

Here For The Plan
Reaction score
I knew it was All About Eve (forgot about Titanic). I shouldn't have said that.

But

I was still wrong. :D

Next Question?

Okay Fox, I'm going to give you a fairly easy pre-70s question.

What movie was the first to win the top 4 awards (picture, director, actor, actress)?

It Happened One Night

In the movie The Goonies, which player's baseball card did they find in Chester Copperpot's wallet?

Lou gehrig

And it is an error card... It was one of those Sporting News cards Topps put in their sets in the early 70's, Chester Copperpot would not have had that card at the time he entered the caves.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
Posted this in the other trivia thread, but I figured it was better suited for this thread.

Who is the only male actor to have won an Academy Award each time he was nominated? (Has to have at least 2 nominations)
I would have said Sean Connery but I think he was only nominated for The Untouchables [which he won].

CrimsonCane

I would have said Sean Connery but I think he was only nominated for The Untouchables [which he won].

It's not Connery.

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score

Kevin Spacey, I think.

Question:
In what movie did Berra, Mantle and Maris get ejected from a game for "arguing" balls and strikes?

I used the "" because although they really didn't argue that's the reason the ump threw them out.

CrimsonCane

Kevin Spacey, I think.

Yeah. It was Spacey. He won Best Supporting Actor for "The Usual Suspects" and Best Actor for "American Beauty."

Top Bottom