What's new

Rangers unveil new uniforms

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
#TogetherWe open a new ballpark? #TogetherWe are still rebuilding? #TogetherWe forget the rest of the sentence?

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
I'm not convinced these are an upgrade which means they might actually be a downgrade.

The Rangers script is weak and out of place. That powder uniform sucks and the cap is horrible. Not impressed overall.

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
I'm not convinced these are an upgrade which means they might actually be a downgrade.

The Rangers script is weak and out of place. That powder uniform sucks and the cap is horrible. Not impressed overall.
Whoa, you're not allowed to complain about something that much unless it has to do with the Marlins. You know the rules...

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
I do not like this set one bit. Looks like a change just to make a change.
It was meant to be an update for the move into the new ballpark but it feels like they did too much. They were just a few easy changes away from getting it right... put Rangers back on the home whites, improve the sleeve piping (they got this one right), and stay away from powder blue.

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
I really don't understand the powder blue look at all.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
I really don't understand the powder blue look at all.
At some point in the 70's, just to be different and colorful, powder blue became an option as a base for road uniforms instead of the more traditional gray. While most of the powder blue uniforms were garish and eventually they were all eliminated, a lot of fond memories came in those uniforms so eventually a few teams dabbled with bringing them back as throwbacks throughout the years (and that was fine). But suddenly it's become trendy (like a millennial hipster fad) to have powder blue as a regular jersey option.

Now we've stumbled into this ridiculous world where something so ugly is supposedly cool just because it's got a nostalgic feel to it... like ugly christmas sweaters, overly large nerdy glasses, tight jeans, etc. Things I would have been stuffed into a locker in middle school for are now "in" and it's so stupid.

Generally I think the powder blue uniforms are a bad idea but a few teams could get away with it if done properly. The Rangers are not one of them. Totally unnecessary.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
This guy summed up the powder blue problem on the other forum...

Powder blue went from being "wouldn't it be fun to bring these back?" to "god dammit, everyone is trotting these out and we've ruined another fun thing because of course we did."

And who's to blame? All of you stupid bastards out there who bought the Christ out of anything and everything powder blue.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
More of change for the sake of change with the letter and number fonts... these are not better, definitely a downgrade... The sleeve stripes are an improvement though.
1575558140835.png

el_gmac

I don't like Mike Hill and Jeter
VIP
Reaction score
love the fact that teams are bringing the ticker stripes on baseball unis

Latest posts

Top Bottom