What's new

Ravenlord this Red deal.....

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
:angry S@*KS and Beinfest you better not get Ty in any of this deals and none of those A,B,C,D trades do anything to improve this team now or in the future. His arm is not the same as it was a couple of years back. If this trade has to be made with the Reds, then OF Steve Smitherman is a must. Cabrera and him are the two best players in the Southern League. OF Jose Guillen I understand if you have someone already to take Hollandworth"less" off your hands. If NOT then 3B/2B Brandon Larson or SS/2B Felipe Lopez has to be in this trade but the two guys I want out the deal is OF Steve Smitherman and if they could pull RHP Chris Gruler. Remember what you got for Dempster last year Encarnacion and Snare, so with that thinking you have to ask for Gruler and a ML player.

Here's how I break this thing down:

Luis Castillo for Steve Smitherman and Felipe Lopez
Brad Penny for Chris Gruler and Jose Gullen( free agent at season end)

Beinfest has to look at it that way,if not Reds are going to rip him off. Bottomline The Reds farm system is as bad as the Cards, so if the Marlins are going to trade all that they better get there best young pitcher and hitter (Gruler) in the deal. Castillo is an All-Star, the best lead-off man in NL, and the top two or three 2B in NL. Penny would step right in as the Reds ACE. NO deal if this players aren't coming back

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Gruler or Basham...

nice lookin deal though

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
You thought that deal through well...

I only wish you were Bienfest...

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would love it if the marlis get Smitherman, Grueler, and Larson. That would be a good deal.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would love it if the marlis get Smitherman, Grueler, and Larson. That would be a good deal.
no thanks on Larson.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
no thanks on Larson.
Wasnt he like the reds biggest Prospect? I thought he was awesome and had lots of power....

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Larson can probably still be considered a top prospect for the Reds.

He struggled early this season with the Reds...

But a number of young third basemen have struggled in their first extended look in the bigs.

If he struggles in his next shot in the Majors then you might worry about him....but not yet.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
he is 27(i think) already...is that a prospect anymore?

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score

But a number of young third basemen have struggled in their first extended look in the bigs.

If he struggles in his next shot in the Majors then you might worry about him....but not yet.
exactly just look at Lowell, he's the perfect example. He was not even considered a top prosepect. I would like to have Larson to replace Luis at Second next year.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

exactly just look at Lowell, he's the perfect example. He was not even considered a top prosepect. I would like to have Larson to replace Luis at Second next year. Larson is a 3rd baseman though

MarlinMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Larson is a 3rd baseman though
Brush up on the game pleassssssse! He can play 2B also, he is that versatile. Seesh, some people! :banghead
p.s. Remember me Ramp?!? :hat

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Larson can play second?

Since when?

I know he can play left.

But second?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
in 33 games in Louisville(aaa) Larson has only play 3b

i have no idea what he did last year though

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
Forget Larson I rather get Guillen instead of him.

BTW: just checked Larson cant play 2b or LF not well at least.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Burnettheat, just because he hasn't played there, doesn't mean he can't.

Piazza hasn't played 1B in 10 years, but he can.

Derrek Lee has never played LF or RF, but I bet you he can, and I bet you he'd be damn good out there...

Just because he never has, doesn't mean he can't...

Ravenlord

Muckdog
Reaction score
:angry S@*KS and Beinfest you better not get Ty in any of this deals and none of those A,B,C,D trades do anything to improve this team now or in the future. His arm is not the same as it was a couple of years back. If this trade has to be made with the Reds, then OF Steve Smitherman is a must. Cabrera and him are the two best players in the Southern League. OF Jose Guillen I understand if you have someone already to take Hollandworth"less" off your hands. If NOT then 3B/2B Brandon Larson or SS/2B Felipe Lopez has to be in this trade but the two guys I want out the deal is OF Steve Smitherman and if they could pull RHP Chris Gruler. Remember what you got for Dempster last year Encarnacion and Snare, so with that thinking you have to ask for Gruler and a ML player. back
ummm....2 things...

1). you realize i'm a Reds fan, right?

2). those A, B, C, D deals in the other thread are deals that i've seen at pretty much everyplace (news, official, and fan) that i've been. those were the 4 most basic ones that i kept seeing, so those are the ones i posted. i posted it here because i hadn't seen the Marlins' fan base reaction to it, which is generally a good way to judge if a deal is feasable. and i hope i read your initial post wrong, but why are you loosing your venom on me?

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't think it's directed towards you Raven, we Marlins fans are just afraid that the whole team will be traded away for table scraps at any time...

Top Bottom