What's new

Rawlings all time ballots

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
How the hell do guys like Jeter, Chavez, Edmonds and Walker get put in the "all time" debate?

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Edmonds I can see, a little bit, but not the rest.

Jeter, while a solid defensive SS has only come in to prominence because of the lack of good middle infield fielding as a whole in the AL.

Mets_bs

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pitcher:Maddux, Greg
Catcher:Rodriguez, Ivan
First Base:Hernandez, Keith
Second Base:Sandberg, Ryne
Third Base:Robinson, Brooks
Shortstop:Smith, Ozzie
Outfield:Clemente, Roberto
Outfield:Jones, Andruw
Outfield:Mays, Willie

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
That is what I have except put Alomar at 2B and Bench at C.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
How the hell do guys like Jeter, Chavez, Edmonds and Walker get put in the "all time" debate?
Jeter is a recognizable icon to the casual fan. Most people under the age of 20 couldn't tell you what teams guys like Vizquel or Concepcion played for if they have even heard of them. Ozzie should pretty much walk away with this thing anyway.

Chavez? I see no logic there. Robinson and Schmidt are both pretty much household names.

I don't think Walker or Edmonds will garner many votes with Mays, Griffey, Jones, and Ichiro out there. They all have better brand recognition.

I guess that's what makes these polls "fun." Hey, I got to pick Donnie Baseball at 1B so that's me biting my thumb at YOU, HOF voters!

That's what I have except put Kaat at P. [16 GG - in a ROW!] Too bad he played for Minnesota.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jeter is a recognizable icon to the casual fan. Most people under the age of 20 couldn't tell you what teams guys like Vizquel or Concepcion played for if they have even heard of them. Ozzie should pretty much walk away with this thing anyway.

Then that's their own damn fault. Don't dumb the thing down.

And, BTW, if anyone calls himself a baseball fan and can't name one Omar Vizquel team (considering he still plays) he should be shot on the spot.

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score

Chavez? I see no logic there. Robinson and Schmidt are both pretty much household names.

I don't think Walker or Edmonds will garner many votes with Mays, Griffey, Jones, and Ichiro out there. They all have better brand recognition.

I guess that's what makes these polls "fun." Hey, I got to pick Donnie Baseball at 1B so that's me biting my thumb at YOU, HOF voters!

That's what I have except put Kaat at P. [16 GG - in a ROW!] Too bad he played for Minnesota.

I never saw Concepcion, Aparicio, Mays or Clemente play. And I know what they did and how good they were.

My ballot:

Pitcher: Gibson, Bob
Catcher: Rodriguez, Ivan
First Base: Power, Vic
Second Base: Alomar, Roberto
Third Base: Robinson, Brooks
Shortstop: Smith, Ozzie
Outfield: Clemente, Roberto
Outfield: Jones, Andruw
Outfield: Mays, Willie

I took Vic Power over Hernandez, because Vic redefined defense at 1B, and I loved the way he played and handled himself. Very charismatic character. He could have been an HOF, but was burried on the minor leagues due to race (like a lot of other players)

MVPosey

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bonds not being on the ballot makes this list a joke

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bonds not being on the ballot makes this list a joke
You need to remember that this list is about DEFENSE not OFFENSE. Bonds has won some GG's with his bat - which is bs. There is no way on this planet that anyone with a brain would choose Bonds over guys like his godfather or Jones or Clemente or Kaline or even Ichiro if you had to preserve a 1 run lead in the bottom of the 9th in game 7 of the WS. I'm not saying he's a bad OF but he is certainly not in the same league as these other options.

MikeLowell25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lowell not being on the ballot makes this list a joke
Fixed that for you.

Top Bottom