What's new

Red Sox fire Dave Dombrowski

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
After the championship season, DD was fired. I think Sox want to improve their farm system and their whole organization totally, like Dodgers as WS winning caliber per every season.

fish53

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Dombrowski obviously sucks.  Can't remember the last time he won a world series because it was so many "months" ago.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Most media is making it look like Dombrowski left behind a dumpster fire in Boston even though they're still the defending champs. Do we agree with this?

It all shows how difficult building a real winning team is. Even when it seems someone has it figured out it seems like they're always so close to being a dysfunctional mess as well.

FishFan95

Marlin
Reaction score
Most media is making it look like Dombrowski left behind a dumpster fire in Boston even though they're still the defending champs. Do we agree with this?

It all shows how difficult building a real winning team is. Even when it seems someone has it figured out it seems like they're always so close to being a dysfunctional mess as well.
I thought we agreed that the Marlins were the only dumpster fire team.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I thought we agreed that the Marlins were the only dumpster fire team.
Yea that's why I'm confused. The narrative was the Marlins are the only dumpster fire and now suddenly I'm being told that the reigning World Series champs are a dumpster fire too. How am I supposed to keep up with all of this???

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Yea that's why I'm confused. The narrative was the Marlins are the only dumpster fire and now suddenly I'm being told that the reigning World Series champs are a dumpster fire too. How am I supposed to keep up with all of this???
Wait a second!  Is it a coincidence that the Marlins' first owner was Huizenga, who started Waste Management.  No wonder we're a dumpster fire! 

FishFan95

Marlin
Reaction score
Wait a second!  Is it a coincidence that the Marlins' first owner was Huizenga, who started Waste Management.  No wonder we're a dumpster fire! 
And Dombrowski was the Marlins' first GM too! 🤔