What's new

Reds Lock Up Harang for 4 Years

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/sprin...sign-harang.asp

Aaron Harang agrees to a four-year deal with a club option for 2011. There's a press conference at 2, so I'll have more then.

UPDATE: The deal, including the fifth-year buyout, is worth $36.5 million, which when Gil Meche is getting five years for $55 million is a bargain. The press conference will be live on WLW and Reds.com

AWWW YEAH!!!!!!!! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wish Florida teams knew how to lock up pitchers long term. (not that the Marlins need to, but it'd be nice to keep one once in a while)

Madman81

Muckdog
Reaction score

Aaron Harang agrees to a four-year deal with a club option for 2011. There's a press conference at 2, so I'll have more then.

UPDATE: The deal, including the fifth-year buyout, is worth $36.5 million, which when Gil Meche is getting five years for $55 million is a bargain. The press conference will be live on WLW and Reds.com

Aaron Harang is getting Eric Milton money, eh?

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score

Aaron Harang is getting Eric Milton money, eh?
Yes, except Harang earns his money and got (potentially) 2 more year then Milton. The best part of the Milton contract is it's over after this season. Dan O'Brien, FTL.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nice contract.. thats still a last place team though, which is too bad.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
the reds in last place in that division? HA.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Realizing the Reds had the inside track, I thought the Guardado signing was very creative and almost risk-free. There's only been two or three deals I wished Beinfest had been able to pull off this off-season, this was one of them. Putting up $500k to see what "Everyday Eddie" would look like after surgery I thought was a no-brainer.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
Eddie Guardado or Felix Rodriguez? Who do you prefer The Marlins to have signed?

MVPosey

Muckdog
Reaction score
The last couple years he's been arguably the most underrated pitcher in baseball...great move by the Reds
If he were to find a way to give up fewer flyballs without lowering his strikeouts or raising his walks, he be a Cy Young contender

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Eddie Guardado or Felix Rodriguez? Who do you prefer The Marlins to have signed?
F-Rod. Guardado is on the decline.

MVPosey

Muckdog
Reaction score
F-Rod. Guardado is on the decline.
Felix Rodriguez is just flat out garbage though

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea?

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea?
Yeah

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
We're nowhere near a last place team in the divison.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like the reds, my cousin had the best years of his career there (79 sb in '80)..

I just think Pittsburgh, Chicago and Milwaukee all passed them up this offseason.. but thats jmo. I'll be rooting for them though

MVPosey

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like the reds, my cousin had the best years of his career there (79 sb in '80)..

I just think Pittsburgh, Chicago and Milwaukee all passed them up this offseason.. but thats jmo. I'll be rooting for them though
The Reds are still better than pittsburgh, but they're a fifth place team

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Im in the group that thinks Pittsburgh will be a vastly improved team this year. And I'm guessing that group is very small.

Top Bottom