What's new

Reds want Penny

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
The reds need pitching but they cost too uch but they have in mind some cheap names and one of them is Penny.

Esteban Loaiza of the White Sox, Brad Penny of the Florida Marlins, and Sidney Ponson of Baltimore.

Penny is attractive because he's only 25 and makes $1.85 million. He is 5-5 with a 4.07 ERA. Ponson makes $4.3 million and is a free agent after the season. He is 9-4 with a 3.93 ERA.

To get a Penny or a Ponson, the Reds would likely have to give up top minor league talent.

"A lot of people around baseball really like our minor league guys," said Johnny Almaraz, a special assistant to Bowden.

Brad Penny, Marlins

2003: 5-5, 4.07 ERA

Career: 31-29, 4.23 ERA

Fast fact: Has finished over .500 in each of his three major league seasons.

Salary: $1.8 million

Link

JPierre75sbs

Muckdog
Reaction score
The reds need pitching but they cost too uch but they have in mind some cheap names and one of them is Penny.

Esteban Loaiza of the White Sox, Brad Penny of the Florida Marlins, and Sidney Ponson of Baltimore.

Penny is attractive because he's only 25 and makes $1.85 million. He is 5-5 with a 4.07 ERA. Ponson makes $4.3 million and is a free agent after the season. He is 9-4 with a 3.93 ERA.

To get a Penny or a Ponson, the Reds would likely have to give up top minor league talent.

"A lot of people around baseball really like our minor league guys," said Johnny Almaraz, a special assistant to Bowden.

Brad Penny, Marlins

2003: 5-5, 4.07 ERA

Career: 31-29, 4.23 ERA

Fast fact: Has finished over .500 in each of his three major league seasons.

Salary: $1.8 million

Link penny will not go to the red unless they give something big. We have cabs in LF and he seems to be the real deal.

Id like to see penny only go over there in a deal for dunn. say no to guillen, and smitheran is untouchable.

BTW this is no secret.. reds have wanted penny for a while. and about 2 months ago i proposed to reds fans something with penny for dunn and they said we dont want penny hes going to be another injured dempster lol..

reds fans have no prob aquiring him now though... at least it seems

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Estaban Loaiza?

I don't see him leaving the Sox anytime soon...

UNLESS WE OFFERED THEM CASTILLO AND ADRIAN GONZALEZ!!!

lol... I wish...

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
No we arent getting Loaiza...the reds want penny and are willing to give up some minor leagers and maybe Jose Guillen.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jose Guillen is an OFer...

He can't play second base...

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
My bad...i was confused by someone else! He will still be good on the bench perhaps?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
He's a great OFer as a starter OR off the bench. He's kinda an exact duplicate of Encanacion, WITH the cannon and all...

I wouldn't mind having him on my team one bit...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't want to let Penny go just yet. He has awesome stuff...

If they can harness it, we HAVE to keep him here...

If his attitude just keeps getting in the way, ship his a** out...

eadearmas

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would have loved to see Bartolo Colong pitching for this team instead of Penny. He is way inconsistent and the Mets seem to have a curse on him... oh well. Maybe the Chicago Sox want to trade Colon...? :whistle

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Reds are idiots. What, Dempster-gate didn't give them their fill of getting burned. I say drop spare-change Penny on them for some quality postional prospects and leave the rest of the staff as is.

Plus ,then you don't have to bother with Penny's contract. Bonus. 1 Marlins' contract down, 6498 more to go!

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
Penny will be one of three contracts that will most likely be moved before the deadline to keep Lowell.

The Reds want Penny I'd take OF Stephen Smitherman, RHP Gabe White and RHP Bobby Basham for Penny and V.Nunez

You'd move Cabrera to 2B. Cabrera can play anywhere in the infield

You want Penny take Vlad off our hands....

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would have loved to see Bartolo Colon pitching for this team instead of Penny. He is way inconsistent and the Mets seem to have a curse on him... oh well. Maybe the Chicago Sox want to trade Colon...? :whistle
They probably do... :mischief2

I'm sure this FO, that covits him, would be looking into it if he were available...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
You aren't going to find a better Marlin forum than this.

This is the "Crystal" of Marlin forums, but because it's so friendly, also attracts several other fans over other teams, of other sports, and some people who aren't even sports fans to begin with...

JBurque

Muckdog
Reaction score
This is definately the best site I have found regarding the Marlins. When you have so few options, its nice when one of those options does the job.

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've been hooked on this site like Steve Howe to a good bag o' drugs for a couple of months.....

BUt I can't beleive you deleted my "poop on" reference with jpierre.. Sniffle, sniffle.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea, like I said, that was hilarious, and very witty...

Good show...!

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am pretty sure "Fish fan fo' life" who joined the forum about 20 minutes ago is JPierre...

Top Bottom