What's new

Reno 911!

Beinfest4Prez

Muckdog
Reaction score
I saw it tonight. It is pure comedic genius. It is a must see if you are a fan or not of the show!

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
Going to see it sometime during the week, glad you liked it.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
On my way

I'm expecting a stupid movie but I dont care.. these guys make me laugh my ass off.

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lots of laughs and really sticks with the overall theme of the show. I expected the previews to give away all the good stuff, but there were many more comedic moments that I enjoyed.

Good stuff.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
I saw it last night and thought it was very funny. Much better than the highly overrated Borat.

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score
I saw it last night and thought it was very funny. Much better than the highly overrated Borat.
Two absolutely completely different genres you're comparing there.

Reno was rehearsed and all the people involved were actors and/or told what to do beforehand.

Borat was improvised comedy and that's hard.

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score

Reno was rehearsed and all the people involved were actors and/or told what to do beforehand.

I agree with you to an extent. Lets not act like Borat is ALL improvised comedy. Many of those scenarios took place after a lot of pre-production.

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score

I agree with you to an extent. Lets not act like Borat is ALL improvised comedy. Many of those scenarios took place after a lot of pre-production.
Of course, I probably should have said 'mostly' improvised.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score

Both movies were made to make the audience laugh. One movie made me laugh alot harder. Reno 911. That is how I compared the two. I don't see how they are " absolutely completely different" genres. It's not like I compared Reno 911 to The Departed. :rolleyes:

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score

Both movies were made to make the audience laugh. One movie made me laugh alot harder. Reno 911. That is how I compared the two. I don't see how they are " absolutely completely different" genres. It's not like I compared Reno 911 to The Departed. :rolleyes:
Oh I'm not trying to make a case that Borat 'must' be funnier than Reno. To each his own, my man. I'm just merely stating that it's hard to compare the two from a cinematic perspective.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
i usually think the show's stupid and boring, but the movie made me laugh.

it being uncensored definitely helped. i laughed every time Dangle said "what the f***, man? what the f***?"

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Had its moments.. nothing special, imo but i like the cast.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Had its moments.. nothing special, imo but i like the cast.
yep, my thoughts exactly

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Saw this last night just for the hell of it, having never seen the TV show. It was okay. I was rarely cracking up, but I like stupid comedy when it's done well, and this movie had its moments. Definitely not funnier than Borat for me, but to each his own.

One thing I thought was strange was the Lincoln Road scene. It was funny to me, especially since I was watching the movie on Lincoln Road...but if you didn't know that was Lincoln Road it wouldn't have made any sense. I don't know why they didn't throw in an exterior shot during that scene just to show what they were driving down.

Buckeye

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just an elongated version of the show. Saw it last night. It was okay, but that's it.

Not enough Junior for my liking.

Also, I kind of thought the cameos were bad. That Tony Montana impression was the worst thing ever and kind of pointless until the whole immunity line.

Top Bottom