What's new

Report: Camby named NBA's top defensive player

MrAndMrsFish

Mr. Minor League
Reaction score
Marcus Camby stayed healthy and in the Denver Nuggets' everyday lineup this season, and now he's about to be recognized as the NBA's top defensive player for 2006-07.

The Nuggets' center will be named the NBA's Defensive Player of the Year, The Denver Post is reporting on its Web site. The official announcement is expected Friday afternoon.

Camby, an 11-year veteran, averaged a league-best 3.3 blocked shots, 1.2 steals and a double-double -- 11.6 rebounds and 11.2 points.

Camby breaks Ben Wallace's stranglehold on the award. Wallace, the Chicago Bulls' center, won the past two and four of the past five as a Detroit Pistons.
MORE HERE

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wouldn't have minded seeing Bowen or Marion win it.

I think big men get too much credit sometimes because it is easier to see their defensive contribution. A lock down permieter/wing defender is so much more valuable to me then a good defensive big man because of the way the game has become much more wing player oriented.

The Fan

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think the NBA got this one right. Denver was pretty horrible defensively and Camby saved them from being downright pathetic. Great year for him, congrats to Camby.

Top Bottom