What's new

RFK Question

The Marlin Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Any of you know much about RFK?? I want to take my girl to watch the Mets play (she's a New Yorker) and want to get the best possible seats.

I'm looking at the "Loge MVP" seats. I'm wondering if those are indoors somehow. She likes stuff like that. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

rferry

Muckdog
Reaction score
The loge section is indoors, tucked between the lower and upper deck decks so you're pretty close to the field. There's a lack of vendors and carts on the loge level, but otherwise it's a good seat. Or series of seats as they're the box seats of ballpark designs three generations old.

The Marlin Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
coool,

thanks bro. went with the field box tix......no point in being indoors if you cant get food! also, hoping it will be nice out.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Have a good time. I hear its a good place to watch baseball. Good idea to go and see it before next season, too.

The Marlin Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
i was there on opening day, (to watch the marlins win!). We were in the 400 section in the left field wall, uggla's HR landed 3 seats to the right of me, and that is no exagerration. Those seats were great and they are dirt cheap.

I can't wait to see the game there from up close. thanks for the input guys

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Have a good time. I hear its a good place to watch baseball. Good idea to go and see it before next season, too.
Eh.

The seating is among the best I've seen in ML ballparks and the place is never too terribly crowded. Some of the concession items are quite good but the workers are among the most imcompetent people I have ever seen. While I think Camden Yards is drastically overrated as a ballpark, the employees there put the RFK workers to shame.

I absolutely despise Aramark. I've had nothing but bad experiences with their product and employees.
Never go to Petco Park. The workers there are the worst, the concession items are very overpriced unless you go out to the park (behind the stadium) where you can get a hot dog for a dollar from the cart they have set up for kids. If you don't have kids with you, you're SOL. If you want a beer, you're walking to four different stands to find one. Not every stand has the same items. It's a pain in the ass to navigate, park at, get to and get tickets to. And if you do get tickets, they're overpriced, also. The seating is good but the experience as a whole sucks.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Some of the concession items are quite good but the workers are among the most imcompetent people I have ever seen.
I've been only once but even though it was two years ago, I definitely have that memory. I seriously don't think those people should have been allowed to earn a wage with their intelligence.

Parks with the best concession experiences that I've been to are Philly, Boston, and Milwuakee.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
There's not a bad seat in the house at RFK.

And CBP in Philly does have some great food.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
I just remember them seeming like they were taking offense to me ordering, at a concession line.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
I just remember them seeming like they were taking offense to me ordering, at a concession line.

And you're not used to that when you deal with food service workers that don't work for tips? :lol

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Haha, good point. :)

But I've dealt with plenty of people in that situation, and RFK workers were far and beyond the worse.

I worked sh*tty jobs before, but at least I wasn't straight up rude. People need to check their 'tude at the door.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was a notoriously ... 'curt' coffee shop guy for a few years, it just happens if you stay in that kind of work too long.

Top Bottom