What's new

Rick Vandenhurk

butchy

Muckdog
Reaction score
to pitch in Nolascos place tomorrow (sore shoulder) - havent seenit in print yet - Extremely reliable sources confirmed this.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nice. He looked awesome in that ST game he pitched. Might work.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
woah, that was fast

I'll be the first to say I don't like this move

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
that's too bad that Nolasco went down so quickly.

Ramp, what other choices are down for the 5th starter?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

Kevin Gregg, and I realize these next few aren't very sexy but Wes Obermueller, Jeff Fulchino, Nic Ungs, Yusmiero Petit(heh sorry for that one), Chris George, Paul Mildren

Something about the fact that he had all of 10 innings in A ball last year kinda gets me

PBCMarlinsFan

Muckdog
Reaction score
One wonders if this is a continuation of the "showcasing" of Vandenhurk which we saw at the end of ST and whether the Nolasco injury is really serious.

As far as other starters go, there is always Kevin Gregg available to make spot starts.

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score

Kevin Gregg, and I realize these next few aren't very sexy but Wes Obermueller, Jeff Fulchino, Nic Ungs, Yusmiero Petit(heh sorry for that one), Chris George, Paul Mildren

Something about the fact that he had all of 10 innings in A ball last year kinda gets me

Thanks. . Gregg makes an interesting proposition. With my limited eye, he seems to have the diversity of pitches to start

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
He's not ready. Reminiscent of the Kensing call up in 2004, although in fairness we didn't have much of a choice back then.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
He's not ready. Reminiscent of the Kensing call up in 2004, although in fairness we didn't have much of a choice back then.

Yeah, I think the end result will be similar, but with Kensing he was literally it, here we've got several options elsewhere who are probably more appropriate choices.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Too bad it wasnt Horror Hey Who Lio who had the sore shoulder. Hopefully this experiment will work *crosses fingers*.

OldSand

Muckdog
Reaction score
Too bad it wasnt Horror Hey Who Lio who had the sore shoulder. Hopefully this experiment will work *crosses fingers*.

:lol

You come up with that?

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score

:lol

You come up with that?
Well, thats how you "really" say his name.

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score

Yeah, I think the end result will be similar, but with Kensing he was literally it, here we've got several options elsewhere who are probably more appropriate choices.

I agree with you 100%. I certainly hope he succeeds, but will not be holding my breath. Perhaps the Marlins are showcasing him, but I don't think it's necessary to showcase him at the major league level.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
What's the point of this, to demoralize the poor guy? :confused

Top Bottom