What's new

Ricky Williams caught again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2867381

Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams tested positive for marijuana in April and will not be allowed to apply for reinstatement to the NFL until September, sources said.

Williams
Williams was suspended last year for violation of the substance abuse policy and was eligible to be reinstated this month, but the league's medical advisors that oversee Williams' personal rehabilitation program recently notified commissioner Roger Goodell of the positive test, sources said.

The doctors also recommended that Williams not be allowed to apply for reinstatement until September, sources said. The commissioner usually adheres to the advice of the medical advisors under the substance abuse policy.

"Falling off the wagon is part of rehab," a source said. "Based on the medical evidence in Ricky's case, the doctors say it's too early to come back. He had the positive test last month. Remember, he's been diagnosed with social anxiety disorder -- that's a real disease and a good percentage of those folks self-medicate with substances like marijuana, often at the moment they are about to have a high level of social interaction."

League spokesman Greg Aiello said the NFL would have no comment, as did Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene.

David Cornwell, an attorney who has represented Williams during his substance abuse cases, said he would honor the confidentiality policies in effect with another no comment.

MrAndMrsFish

Mr. Minor League
Reaction score
Luckily the Dolphins drafted Lorenzo Booker in the third round....at least we have a back-up for Ronnie Brown

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Damnit, we dont need him, but we could have gotten something in a trade.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
Guy just needs to retire from football and move on. Become a Barista in Amsterdam and smoke the finest weed all day.

Shaq-Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
what a motherf***er. i wouldn't be surprised if he's doing this on purpose. he might have already decided to retire, and he's just pretending to be attempting to come back to the NFL so he doesn't have to pay back his signing bonus.

we paid out of our asses to acquire this POS, just so he can sit on his ass and smoke his ganj.

at the very least we need to take his signing bonus $$ away from him.

marlins02

i say suspend his ass for life and with goodell as commissioner that might actually happen.

his career as a dolphin better be over, im tired of this garbage

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
He was never going to play for Cam Cameron, but now we won't be able to get a pick for him.

He's seriously pathetic, though. It seems like he loves weed above all else. If a guy can't get by without some kind of mind-altering drugs then he's pretty much a lost cause.

JJ24

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was kind of questioning the Booker pick even though I liked it but now I know They knew before the draft that Ricky failed and would be out.

Shaq-Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was kind of questioning the Booker pick even though I liked it but now I know They knew before the draft that Ricky failed and would be out.
You're right.

That explains a lot.

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
They may have known he failed the test, but either way I think they knew they wanted to get rid of him. Cam Cameron has basically refused to talk about Ricky since he took this job, and his moves have shown that he values character.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
See I think you guys are the ones who are the losers. You hate this guy so much just because he doesn't do what YOU want,doesn't want what YOU guys would want and doesn't want to play for YOUR team.

The guy does not like the spotlight of American football, has anxiety problems that marijuana helps relieve, and is doing what HE wants in his life right now with his Yoga teachings. Stop being so greedy and calling this guy out for having some mental problems.

He isn't a wasted talent and he isn't a loser. If the NFL can cut a player at any time and not respect the contract, Ricky can retire and do what he wants in his life too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom