What's new

Rotoworld: Tankersley going down when Owens comes back

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Henry Owens (shoulder) will make a rehab appearance with Single-A Jupiter on Tuesday.

Owens is around five days from returning from the disabled list.
Taylor Tankersley spoiled the Marlins' shutout bid on Sunday by retiring none of the three batters he faced Monday against the Cubs.

Tankersley allowed a walk and two singles to start the ninth in a 5-0 game, creating a save opportunity for Kevin Gregg. Gregg allowed both runners he inherited to score before finishing the inning, taking Tankersley's ERA to 6.89. At this rate, it's possible Tankersley will be sent down to make room for Henry Owens on the roster.
Way to play your way out of the big leagues, Tank. :thumbup

FishFanInPA

He'll be back.....it's just temporary....it's not like he stinks.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score

He'll be back.....it's just temporary....it's not like he stinks.
Of late, he does.

That's just Rotoworld's thoughts. It may wind up correct, but for now it's all speculation.

Nny

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's speculation from a fantasy website.

I'm not saying he won't get sent down. But I'm not exactly putting my faith in it.

Expecially considering 1) he's left handed 2) Lee Gardner

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
That's just Rotoworld's thoughts. It may wind up correct, but for now it's all speculation.
Pretty good assumption. I'd much rather send down Tank right now then virtually our only long relief guy in Gardner, at least until Johnson comes back.

Sirspud

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think Tank getting sent down will be good for him in the long run because he is having some trouble and needs to work it out where he will get more oppurunities with less pressure.

It doesn't matter if you're lefthanded or right handed if you're not getting the ball over the plate.

Reaction score
Exactly, it makes more sense to send Tank down than Gardner. Gardner isn't going to improve, but he can be a steady and consistent inning eater out of the pen. And for the most part hes been able to give us solid outings (sure philly lit him up but that happens to everyone)

Tanks needs to work on control and AAA is a good place for that where he wont be costing the marlins any games.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tank needs some work in the minors, where he can't hurt us. Clearly there is something wrong with his pitching right now, because he looks nothing like his 2006 self.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tank is in a bit of a funk but i'd still send down Messenger or Pinto before I send
down Tank down.

fishfan25

Muckdog
Reaction score
i would like to see tank go down, but it could be gardner.

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
i guess just send him down and let him work out the kinks now so we can get him back later.

Real_Teal

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tank can definitely use some developmental work to get his confidence back. That would be a good move.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tank is in a bit of a funk but i'd still send down Messenger or Pinto before I send
down Tank down.
Pinto is out of options

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tank can be useful as a situational lefty but that's it. If Fredi figures that out Tank will be okay.

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
down Tank down.

Messenger has a 2.91 ERA and Pinto has a 4.18 ERA. They have been much better than Tank. Thats dumb.

Reaction score
Tank can be useful as a situational lefty but that's it. If Fredi figures that out Tank will be okay.

Tank has too much talent and potential to just be a situational lefty. Its better to let him regain his control in the minors and bring him back later so he can help the team compete like like year. Thing is Tank is basically in spring training right now, he just needs to get work in and he'll be fine.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Say what you will of Tank as of late, but his breaking ball and Lindstrom's fastball are, IMO, the two best pitches in our entire pen.

down Tank down.

Messenger has a 2.91 ERA and Pinto has a 4.18 ERA. They have been much better than Tank. Thats dumb.

Tank also has had a ton of his runners allowed to score by other pitchers (Julio's walkoff grandslam, Amezaga's screw up yesterday).

ERA is a really poor evaluative stat for a reliever.

down Tank down.
Pinto is out of options

I still dont understand how that is so.

Top Bottom