What's new

Rough Loss tonight but.....

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
2093.1 6-7-8 hitters went 9 for 10

Hollandsworth had 3 doubles....

i mean, if Encarnacion only gets nailed once at home, its a tie game and we are still playing...

we had 13 hits tonight....

i say we win the game and series tomorrow

thoughts?

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
We had our chances. Lowell there in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs and Pierre and Castillo on had a chance to make up for an 0-4 night, but grounded out. Bummer. But 13 hits is encouraging, but when we consider this is only the Rockies - maybe not. We should win tommorrow and take the series. I would like to see us get out to a lead and hold it for a change though.

On another note, I have taken a lot of heat (on another web site) for staying positive on Hollandsworth. He had 3 doubles tonight. Banks played well last night. Maybe the platoon will help re-kindle both players, but more importantly, Hollandsworth has got to get going soon for this team to have any success. We need everyone to contribute. Also good to see A Gon back.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
At the game, I really thought that shot Alex hit in the 9th was going to go over Preston's head and tie the game. The 5th run Colorado scored really hurt too. A leadoff walk, passed ball, ground ball, and then a sac fly. 1 run on no hits. I just hate those. Can anyone explain to me why Ozzie Guillen sent Encarnacion the first time he was thrown out? I mean Juan was out by a mile.

Don't feel too left out jonnylons, it was pretty certain that Hollandsworth would pick it up a little bit eventually. The bottom line is that he's nowhere near as bad as his april stats. (but he's not going to hit 3 doubles most nights either!) Too bad no one in front of him could get on base for those hits to do any good.

It is freaking insane that Encarnacion and Hollandsworth went a combined 7-for-7, yet had NO RBIs! Hello Mr. Lowell and Mr. Lee?

Torborg, please move Derek Lee to 8th in the batting order. There's really no other choice. Alex, Encarnacion, even Hollandsworth are all locked in right now, while Lee is flailing away at pitches. I like the guy and I'm praying for him to bust out, but it just ain't happening. If we don't win tomorrow to take this series, the downward spiral will continue...

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
At the game, I really thought that shot Alex hit in the 9th was going to go over Preston's head and tie the game. The 5th run Colorado scored really hurt too. A leadoff walk, passed ball, ground ball, and then a sac fly. 1 run on no hits. I just hate those. Can anyone explain to me why Ozzie Guillen sent Encarnacion the first time he was thrown out? I mean Juan was out by a mile.

Don't feel too left out jonnylons, it was pretty certain that Hollandsworth would pick it up a little bit eventually. The bottom line is that he's nowhere near as bad as his april stats. (but he's not going to hit 3 doubles most nights either!) Too bad no one in front of him could get on base for those hits to do any good.

It is freaking insane that Encarnacion and Hollandsworth went a combined 7-for-7, yet had NO RBIs! Hello Mr. Lowell and Mr. Lee?

Torborg, please move Derek Lee to 8th in the batting order. There's really no other choice. Alex, Encarnacion, even Hollandsworth are all locked in right now, while Lee is flailing away at pitches. I like the guy and I'm praying for him to bust out, but it just ain't happening. If we don't win tomorrow to take this series, the downward spiral will continue...
I agree.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
GIVE LEE A DAY OR FOUR OFF!!!!!!

for the nine millioninth time.

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score
guys plz learn something about baseball , Lee is a great hitter. Lowell did horriable and i dont hear nothin about him. move lowell to 5th pudge to 3rd endcarnison 4th lowell 5th and lee 6th. WHEN LEE STARTS HITTING I DONT WANNA READ ' WOW LEE IS GREAT '

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
is lee hitting right now????

am i advocating sending him down?

NO

am i saying give him a day off????

YES

whether he is hitting or not....that is the prudent thing to do.

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope youre kidding, but Im really not sure. Lee would need to play 15 more seasons without missing a game to get that record. And there are ways to continue a playing streak without starting.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
no !! he going for Ripken record!
you are on crack.

i am sorry.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pudge will most likely have the day off anyway......

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lee great hitter?You must be joking....Lee need to be move down to 8th spot in the batting order.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lee great hitter?You must be joking....Lee need to be move down to 8th spot in the batting order.
yup...

Top Bottom