What's new

S*** Spooney on the DL

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
Spooney is on the 15-day disabled list with tendinitis in his right arm. He was on pace to throw about 100 innings, so it's not surprising that he needs some time off. The Marlins will call up Blaine Neal to replace him.

c/o rotoworld.

Crap...not what we need, but Spooney wasn't pitching well to being with...amn our bullpen is totally in the crapper right now. :plain

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
crap, crap, crap! we did not need that!!!!!!!!!!!, cant we find anyone better than neal??

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
Man hope Beckett comes back then Neal could go back to the minors.

BTW: Josh is supposed to start somewhere around the 28th of this month.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
He needs to hurry! Then we can move Phelps back to the pen...and once Borland returns we can send down whoever is not performing..leaving us with a decently soldid pen....probably our weakest overall situation. :plain

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
He needs to hurry! Then we can move Phelps back to the pen...and once Borland returns we can send down whoever is not performing..leaving us with a decently soldid pen....probably our weakest overall situation. :plain
exactly.

The one that will be sent down when Borland is back is AA.

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
y not call up Juan Alvarez , Neal sucks
Yea, good thinking.

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score
How about Vladdy Nunez?????? He's the man! Last I heard they were making him drive the bus on roadies in A ball.

Call him up!! Then he and Almanza can have those in-depth talks about pitching strategy again!!!

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
How about Vladdy Nunez?????? He's the man! Last I heard they were making him drive the bus on roadies in A ball.

Call him up!! Then he and Almanza can have those in-depth talks about pitching strategy again!!!
No Thanks.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Fish Fillet...LOL...

Everyone, don't forget what Blaine did for us last year. In 30+ IP he had an ERA under 3.00, and did pretty good in the set-up role... There's no doubt he has the potential to be pretty good, they just need to harness it and keep him consistant...

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
y not call up Juan Alvarez , Neal sucks
Just because you know him does not mean that he should be called up...

Bring up Neal!

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Alverez never did much when he was up here. Didn't impress me...

Neal has impressed me in the past... Let's see if he can keep it up...

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea neal was very good with us Last year!!! He is an Article on Spooney on the DL....

Spooneybarger placed on DL
Beckett due back next week
BY CLARK SPENCER
cspencer@herald.com

Heavy reliance on setup reliever Tim Spooneybarger finally might have taken its toll on the Marlins' young right-hander.

Spooneybarger was placed on the disabled list with tendinitis in his right elbow.

He will undergo an MRI today to determine the extent of the injury.

''My arm hurts a little bit,'' said Spooneybarger, who had thrown 42 innings but whose workload had increased significantly since Jack McKeon took over as manager.

``Hopefully it's nothing serious.''

The Marlins are calling up right-handed reliever Blaine Neal from Triple A Albuquerque (N.M.) to take Spooneybarger's spot on the roster.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...all/6104575.htm

Top Bottom