What's new

Saltalamacchia for Dontrelle?

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Saltalamacchia, an elite hitting prospect coveted by many clubs, could be the centerpiece of a deal for a pitcher such as Marlins left-hander Dontrelle Willis, A's righty Rich Harden or one of the Angels' young starters. Then again, the Braves might want to make Saltalamacchia their future first baseman; they'll definitely need his offense if they lose center fielder Andruw Jones as a free agent.
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6834248

I know this is just his opinion but I would love to have Salty - but I do not want the Braves to get Dontrelle.

Probably means nothing but thought I would post this anyway.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sick.

Unfortunately we would never trade Willis in division.... I think

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
i actually like this trade. you guys are in serious need for a catcher, with yours lacking offensive pop, and salty will be blocked here with mccann becoming the next joe mauer in atlanta. and with our rotation only having one pitcher (smoltz) and the others faltering, this will help our pitching staff in more ways than one. and btw, salty is a hometown person, from royal palm beach, so the marlins would be a perfect fit for him.

please ignore the braves fan.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sick.

Unfortunately we would never trade Willis in division.... I think
We traded enough with the Mets so I think we would deal Dontrelle to the Braves. I'd personally like this trade since it would fill a huge gaping hole at catcher. Plus it'd never get old hearing them say that name at Dolphins Stadium and on TV.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Too bad we couldnt work a 3 way deal or something where we get Salty but don't help the Braves.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
In a vacuum, I'd do it.

But we're not in a vacuum.

Reaction score
It would be sad to see Donny Ballgame go, but that trade would give us a player in Saltetc. that would fill a huge hole in our roster, and if Ballgame's going to get traded, better off for some players that fit our needs.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm not as sold on Salty as everyone else seems to be. Catching prospects usually get overrated and his defense is not the greatest. He was not that good last year in the minors with a .230 BA. I would want more back from the braves for Dontrelle.

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
Right now starting pitching is the big hole. We need DTrain more than we need Salty.

Backin2008

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't want to trade the D-Train to the Braves. I get upset every time I see LoDuca and Delgado beating our brains in. A better idea is finding an American League team to trade Willis to if they want to trade him. Someone like the Mariners that could give the Marlins Clement, Adam Jones and Wladimir Balentien for the D-Train.

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Saltalamacchia, an elite hitting prospect coveted by many clubs, could be the centerpiece of a deal for a pitcher such as Marlins left-hander Dontrelle Willis, A's righty Rich Harden or one of the Angels' young starters. Then again, the Braves might want to make Saltalamacchia their future first baseman; they'll definitely need his offense if they lose center fielder Andruw Jones as a free agent.
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6834248

I know this is just his opinion but I would love to have Salty - but I do not want the Braves to get Dontrelle.

Probably means nothing but thought I would post this anyway.
You're right....it means nothing.

Reaction score
Holy sh*t, we got Don Mattingly?

Not only that but giving a player the surname 'ballgame' started long before mattingly. For example good ole Teddy Ballgame.

I like the nickname donny Ballgame for dontrelle. Much better than D-Train which is a stupid New York media nickname, No where in South Florida have I ever seen any type of a D-Train in our public transit system.

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score
Holy sh*t, we got Don Mattingly?

Not only that but giving a player the surname 'ballgame' started long before mattingly. For example good ole Teddy Ballgame.

I like the nickname donny Ballgame for dontrelle. Much better than D-Train which is a stupid New York media nickname, No where in South Florida have I ever seen any type of a D-Train in our public transit system.

If Im not mistaken, Dontrelle was given that name by AJ Burnett

Top Bottom