What's new

Saltalamacchia makes his debut tonight

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
big catching prospect for the braves, Jarrod Saltalamacchia (long name, isn't it, but we just call him salty), is making his debut tonight on national tv on espn at about 7:40 et. this guy is supposed to be the real deal, and i met him a few times during spring training. he's pretty awesome. if i have time, i'll post pics of him during the game. :thumbup

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
Local guy (born and raised in Palm Beach). Had a real disappointing 2006 season too, and than just turned on the back burners in Fall League and was raking.

I'm guessing though, for the long-term he's shaping out to be a 1B, assuming McCann keeps everything going. I think they had him play 1B in the AFL too.

I wish him all the best, until he faces the Fish.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am looking forward to watching his first ML debut tonight. I hope they are able to fit his last name on his jersey. I never knew he went to Royal Palm Beach High... Thats pretty close to where I live.

I did a search on him and found this :blink: .
Braves prospect Jarrod Saltalamacchia is married to a former teacher at his high school.
Ashley Saltalamacchia, who for purposes of my typing should have kept her maiden name, says she didn't start dating Jarrod until he graduated and she was never his teacher. Which I assume is true or else Ms. Saltalamacchia would be out of a job.

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
he went to royal palm beach high school and (sorry ladies), he's married. he used to live up in the acreage though. i'm thinking some of you guys actually know him.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
he went to royal palm beach high school and (sorry ladies), he's married. he used to live up in the acreage though. i'm thinking some of you guys actually know him.
I grew up in the acreage and know people who know him...im rootin for him

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am looking forward to watching his first ML debut tonight. I hope they are able to fit his last name on his jersey.

i said this as a joke a few times, but i keep saying we should trade him to the yankees, so they they don't have to deal with his long last name on his jersey.

and here's a pic from spring training of his extra long name. they fit it...barley.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
sick, he's awesome

we shoulda taken him

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
salty is seventh in the lineup, and it's his 22nd birthday....so wonder how much he can hold it in.

and berman, orel and phillips is in the booth for espn.

error#1 for steve phillips: we were third place, not fourth last season.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm guessing though, for the long-term he's shaping out to be a 1B, assuming McCann keeps everything going. I think they had him play 1B in the AFL too.

I'm guessing he is trade bait.

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
one half inning and not a single word of salty...and you wonder why i don't like espn. we'll see when he comes up to bat though.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
If it was Dan Shulman doing the pbp, he would have handled it but with Berman you get some 'catchy' ( :psign ) nicknames and jokes.

Berman, do us all a favor and stick to the studio.

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
wow....salty makes a great throw and the batter's out.

batting now.

longest name in mlb history right there folks. and he's already trying to make up names is berman.

and just short of the track does salty go in his first at bat...

frenchy and salty buddying up.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Salty almost went deep. I wish we had a good catcher :( .
pitchers pitchers pitchers!

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
pitchers pitchers pitchers!
We have enough pitchers to supply the whole National League. We need a catcher!!!

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score

give us dontrelle and you may get salty... :mischief

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score

give us dontrelle and you may get salty... :mischief
Throw in the whole pretzel and you have a deal. Nah... How about Eric Reed. Deal DONE!

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
3-0 braves and Admin extends his hitting streak to 12 games.

salty will lead off in the next inning guys.

sick, he's awesome

we shoulda taken him

Alot of good players in that first round alone that went after Allison.

Top Bottom