What's new

Sammy Sosa ejected for cork in bat

Credit: ESPN

CHICAGO -- Chicago Cubs star Sammy Sosa was ejected in the first inning of Tuesday night's game against Tampa Bay right when umpires found cork in his shattered bat.

The Cubs had runners at second and third when Sosa broke his bat with a grounder to second that at first appeared to drive in a run.

But crew chief Tim McClelland gathered with the other three umpires to examine the bat. Cubs manager Dusty Baker came out and the umpires showed the bat to him.

Mark Grudzielanek was sent back to third base, the run was wiped off the board and Sosa was ejected as he stood in the dugout.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
What a disgrace to baseball! Im getting suspicious he didnt deserve all of those Homers using a cork bat. I think he had been using it all his career. Do yo think so?

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
No I think he used Steroids look at The Rick Reily interview he freaked out at him when he mentioned that he can have his steroid test now. After Sammy said he would the first in line for testing.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
What a disgrace to baseball! Im getting suspicious he didnt deserve all of those Homers using a cork bat. I think he had been using it all his career. Do yo think so?
If he had been using it his whole career, something like this would have happened a while ago.

Honestly, I think he just recently started using it, due to the fact he has been struggling early on so far in his comback from the DL. Help himself get a head start back.

farmer_fran

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sosa ejected ESPN.com

Sosa's excuse is that he uses the bat for home run hitting contests, and it "accidentally" got mixed in with his other bats. :mischief2

I ain't buying it. I doubt he's always used it. However, I think he used it with knowledge tonight because he is in the middle of a slump. It was no accident.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sosa's excuse is that he uses the bat for home run hitting contests, and it "accidentally" got mixed in with his other bats. :mischief2
Isn't that STILL considered cheating!? :eek:

Yeah, it is but it is a lot better than admitting to cheating in the game.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
this was no accident.

sammy has not been using it his entire career....but perhaps this is why he has that huge handle.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
this was no accident.

sammy has not been using it his entire career....but perhaps this is why he has that huge handle.
No, he just tapes it a lot for so less vibration gets to his hands when the ball is hit off the end of the bat or on the inside...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well... now we can call him Corky Romano... :lol
Slammin' Corky?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
this was no accident.

No, he just tapes it a lot for so less vibration gets to his hands when the ball is hit off the end of the bat or on the inside... how do you know it is done solely for that reason Josh?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
how do you know it is done solely for that reason Josh?
I don't. But that's why I do it, sooo... :rolleyes:

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
i put some tape on my bats also....

but at the bottom of the handle..thats like an entire roll there.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think since he was struggling he wanted to get a couple of hits. I understand that but i dont know if he has been using it all his career.... :eek:

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think he had been using it all his career. Do yo think so?
AJ, you posted before that you thought he'd been using it his entire career, and just said...

I think since he was struggling he wanted to get a couple of hits

???

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think he had been using it all his career. Do yo think so?
AJ, you posted before that you thought he'd been using it his entire career, and just said...

I think since he was struggling he wanted to get a couple of hits
???That's normal, Sammy did look sincere but he has to be banned the regular amounts. Same as Belle and all the other fools/

Top Bottom