What's new

Sanchez's injury

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was at the game tonight and he did not look comfortable at all throwing his warmup tosses before he was pulled. This doesn't look good.

On a side note, despite it being a decent outing numbers wise for Sanchez, he did not look great by any means. He left a lot of his stuff out over the plate and his velocity wasn't consistent from inning to inning. He's lucky we played who we played. Against a better lineup, he would've allowed at least five runs.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
from AP:

"... Anibal Sanchez (2-0) pitched five innings, giving up three runs and five hits. He walked three and struck out four. He left the game before throwing a pitch in the top of the sixth because of cramping in his right hamstring. Matt Lindstrom and Randy Messenger combined for four scoreless innings of relief.

``I felt my leg getting cramps and I couldn't push,'' Sanchez said. ``I didn't want to hurt my team but if I can't push, I lose my command. I felt strong today and I was hoping to go seven or more innings.''

May I use this thread to say what a great night ! Great game ! Great concert ! Great fireworks !

You can't say they aren't trying on and off the field. You had to leave tonight feeling good being a Marlins fan.

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
Anibal deffinately caught some breaks, thank Godness it was only against the Nats. Wouldn't have been pretty if it were against the Mets or a team of that calibur.

Cheap Trick did suck, all the hype for nothing. They should have put the fireworks before them so I could have left right after that.

RipkenisGod8

Muckdog
Reaction score
If you left after two songs, you missed Cheap Trick. Cheap Trick rocks hard, unless you aren't into rock.....which makes you a moron.

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
Anibal needs to stretch more before his outing. I saw him in the outfield stretching and he basically didn't do anything.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's about time the hitting bails out the pitching. BTW with all the injuries do we need to look at our conditioning coach?

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score
from AP:

"... Anibal Sanchez (2-0) pitched five innings, giving up three runs and five hits. He walked three and struck out four. He left the game before throwing a pitch in the top of the sixth because of cramping in his right hamstring. Matt Lindstrom and Randy Messenger combined for four scoreless innings of relief.

``I felt my leg getting cramps and I couldn't push,'' Sanchez said. ``I didn't want to hurt my team but if I can't push, I lose my command. I felt strong today and I was hoping to go seven or more innings.''

May I use this thread to say what a great night ! Great game ! Great concert ! Great fireworks !

You can't say they aren't trying on and off the field. You had to leave tonight feeling good being a Marlins fan.

Saw another article on Sanchez where he said he needs to drink more water. He really didn't look all that great last night, but their pitcher looked worse by far.
Question for the coach potatoes. What were they saying on TV about the failed pop up that Boone broke off on? Looked to me like he heard someone else call for it or something. But there was no one near it but him. Didn't appear to me Hanley made any type of effort to get to it and Hammer was too far back to have a decent shot at catching it.

We also had a great time. We felt Cheap Trick did a good job. Loved that 5 necked guitar. Anyone with the bad attitude that left early missed a pretty good show. But to each their own. From the time we got there (just befor 5:00) til the time we left after the fireworks (I was expecting something bigger, but it was fine), we felt we had gotten far more than our $$$'s worth.
The pre game festivities are pretty cool. Wife took my pic with "No Mas". Real nice guy that seemd genuinely happy to be there. He was actually giggling through the whole pic with me. I knicknamed him the pudgy giggler. And the last Saturday I had my pic taken with Shannon Briggs. "Roosterman." LOL Again, he was very nice and seemed very glad to be there and interact with the folks. Big dude. Think I'll take him with me to the next Mets game. LOL "Dueling Pianos" isn't exactly my thing but they do entertain. And that girl from the audience that got up with them and did her rendition of Me And Bobby McGee was simply awesome. That chick has some vocal chords.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
If you left after two songs, you missed Cheap Trick. Cheap Trick rocks hard, unless you aren't into rock.....which makes you a moron.
First of all, they're all over 60 years old, or so it seemed. I'm 19. I knew they did one song everyone knew (I think its that "I Want You to Want Me" song). After three songs, if a group doesn't do their big hit, it drives the crowd of the younger folks away.

Second of all, I don't want to stare at a man's flab hanging out of his leather vest.

Third of all, the sound system was screwed. The music was WAY louder than their voices.

Fourth of all, from what I could hear of their voices, they can't rock anymore. If you look at their schedule, they've been demoted to playing "Crawfish Festivals". Obviously, its time to hang it up.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
First of all, they're all over 60 years old, or so it seemed. I'm 19. I knew they did one song everyone knew (I think its that "I Want You to Want Me" song). After three songs, if a group doesn't do their big hit, it drives the crowd of the younger folks away.

Fourth of all, from what I could hear of their voices, they can't rock anymore. If you look at their schedule, they've been demoted to playing "Crawfish Festivals". Obviously, its time to hang it up.
and who exactly do you think they're going to get that 18 year-olds like?

:rolleyes:

jackarmstrong

Muckdog
Reaction score
anibal's either not stretching properly, or not drinking enough water? what is this, little league? anibal and the coaching staff should be on top of this.

also, i wouldn't have minded seeing cheap trick - did they play 'surrender'? that's a pretty good track.

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree that it is odd that Anibal doesn't drink enough water or stretch properly. He's a professional athlete, it should come naturally.

When I saw him in the outfield stretching and whatnot it looked like he was doing it just to do it and not really being careful. When he was working each leg I thought he would use the same reps for each leg (like ten swings for each leg or something), but he didn't. Just random.

Top Bottom