What's new

Scott Cousins scouting report on BA

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I can only paraphrase since it's subscription based but he has been compared to Chipper Jones/Darryl Strawberry and not Mark Kotsay

obviously he hasn't even had a real season in the minors yet but to say he might have 30-35hr power is awesome

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
yea, although they expect him to move to a corner possibly

but right now he is a CF

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
3-4 year away though correct?
depends, being a college kid, he's going to be on the fast track if he starts off right

PaPa Marlin

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think Cousins is going to Greensboro. He should tear the Sally league up !

Sirspud

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wow, its nice to hear that we might actually have a position prospect in the system besides Gaby Sanchez.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think Cousins is going to Greensboro. He should tear the Sally league up !

He should put up some monster numbers in that ballpark. Imagine if he can stay in CF. Wow.

carjackistan

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't want to judge anyone on 90 at-bats, but he hit like garbage in short-season ball last year, along with a 4:17 BB/K which is pretty disappointing for a college player.

Hopefully the scouts are right and he just needs to make the transition to wood, but it's a little early to have big expectations for this kid.

Reaction score
Wow, its nice to hear that we might actually have a position prospect in the system besides Gaby Sanchez.

Thomas Hickman will be better than Cousins.

Reaction score
Burns started in CF last night with Cousins in RF, anyone any idea if this is the plan, or if Cousins moves up a level will he play CF later in the year.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Burns started in CF last night with Cousins in RF, anyone any idea if this is the plan, or if Cousins moves up a level will he play CF later in the year.
eventually he may stick at the corner outfield spot, as he matures and puts on more muscle

he still could play CF at this point, but Burns is the better option

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thats not bad. From what I can see, you get a lot of good content from them.

Top Bottom