What's new

Scott Olsen Crystal Ball

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Disclaimer: The Crystal Ball is an "educated opinion"...not to be taken TOO seriously and mostly for fun. I(John) do put quite a bit of work into them, looking at similar players and trying to figure out how the guy in question might develop. Is there a fancy computer program? No. Do I just slop numbers on the page? No. It is less than a projection/prediction but more than just guesswork.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wow... Not exactly the same positive projection as Hanley Ramirez...

Juanky

I'm guessing he's going to have TJ towards the end of 2008?

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score
Interesting projection.

My take on Olsen has always been a phenomenal talent but he has A LOT of work to do between the ears.

It would be cool to look at this crystal ball in 16 years.

How stupid.

Only if you don't take it for what's it worth.

Prognostication/Fun

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
It is fun, but to go as far as to predict what team he will be on in 15 years is a tad ridiculous.
Its most likely a guess.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
he doesnt think very highly of any of our players it seems

fanfish

Muckdog
Reaction score
EARTH calling Sickels......EARTH calling Sickels......Come in Sickels.......
It seems you need to come in........ from the sun. Oh, and don't bring that crystal ball with you.... staring into it is making you lose you mind.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
I tend to agree with Sickels here. I think alot of people overrate Scott Olsen on this board, I see a two pitch pitcher without good intangibles.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I tend to agree with Sickels here. I think alot of people overrate Scott Olsen on this board, I see a two pitch pitcher without good intangibles.
oMG HOw dARe YoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
It is fun, but to go as far as to predict what team he will be on in 15 years is a tad ridiculous.
Its most likely a guess.
Oh, so he doesn't have a time machine?

I guess this is an example of the pointless drivel baseball columnists put out when Barry Bonds isn't running his mouth or the Red Sox don't think there is a two percent chance that Manny Ramirez might be traded. Oh how I hate the media.

Oh lordy.

Disclaimer: The Crystal Ball is an "educated opinion"...not to be taken TOO seriously and mostly for fun. I do put quite a bit of work into them, looking at similar players and trying to figure out how the guy in question might develop. Is there a fancy computer program? No. Do I just slop numbers on the page? No. It is less than a projection/prediction but more than just guesswork.

He puts this on every Crystal ball he does.

Sirspud

Muckdog
Reaction score
I actually don't see him being too far off, although I think Scott will pull in a lot more wins than he gives him. I just don't think Olsen will ever be consistently dominant, although he has flashes.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Its most likely a guess.
Oh, so he doesn't have a time machine?

I guess this is an example of the pointless drivel baseball columnists put out when Barry Bonds isn't running his mouth or the Red Sox don't think there is a two percent chance that Manny Ramirez might be traded. Oh how I hate the media.

Oh lordy.

Disclaimer: The Crystal Ball is an "educated opinion"...not to be taken TOO seriously and mostly for fun. I do put quite a bit of work into them, looking at similar players and trying to figure out how the guy in question might develop. Is there a fancy computer program? No. Do I just slop numbers on the page? No. It is less than a projection/prediction but more than just guesswork.

He puts this on every Crystal ball he does.

Doesn't mean what he is doing isn't pointless.
Have you ever heard of fans having fun with something? Do you have to turn everything into a technical argument?

Geek_Squad

Muckdog
Reaction score
So Olsen will be a washed up below average by the time he is in his early 30s?

I personally think he is the most talented and has the most potential of any pitcher in your organization.

MarlinsLou

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Wow... Not exactly the same positive projection as Hanley Ramirez...
um

He projects Olsen to pitch over 2,000 innings at the major league level at basically a 4 era. That would be AMAZING. That's an incredibly positive projection for a kid his age.

Like Ramp said, you guys amaze me.

Top Bottom