What's new

Scott Olsen on 790 The Ticket @ 12:30

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just thought I would give you guys a heads up :thumbup .

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just thought I would give you guys a heads up :thumbup .
It would be great if he was on Boog's show rather than Sid's. Sid's an annoying prick.

Alex22

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm not listening, what did he say :lol :

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Olsen's grade for himself is a C- ... Atleast he is truthful.

Dontrelle screams "Don't Trade me" :crying .

Sid is so freaking annoying.

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Olsen is a punk.
Dontrelle has style.
Sid is an a$$hole.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
I know this is off topic, and hindsight's 20/20 and all that wonderful stuff, but is anyone but me kinda regretting that we didn't pull the trigger on the Olsen/Baldelli thing this past offseason?

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm not. Olsen'll get back on track.

Alex22

Muckdog
Reaction score
Olsen got by last year on his stuff alone. This is his second year which is generally when guys learn to pitch rather than just throw. Pitchers usually struggle their second year in the league. I'm not worried about Scotty at all.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Olsen got by last year on his stuff alone. This is his second year which is generally when guys learn to pitch rather than just throw. Pitchers usually struggle their second year in the league. I'm not worried about Scotty at all.

But you can't really say that. Olsen doesn't have throw it through a wall stuff, he's got a good slider and a decent fastball...that's it. He was pitching last year. The games he was just trying to coast by on "stuff" were the games he got hit hard.

He pitched last year, he threw last year, he has yet to make the next step this year, and for someone who runs his mouth as much as he does, he has to realize that teams are going to circle his games on the calendar. If you can't be a pitcher when teams are gunning fr you, you're really puting yourself in a bad spot.

That's all I'm saying. The talent is there, the ability to pitch has been demonstrated, it's just an inability to do it consistently.

AJxAcex34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sid is the man. I love his show. Every other host down here in 560 and 790 are crap. Boog is the only other host with a good show

Alex22

Muckdog
Reaction score

But you can't really say that. Olsen doesn't have throw it through a wall stuff, he's got a good slider and a decent fastball...that's it. He was pitching last year. The games he was just trying to coast by on "stuff" were the games he got hit hard.

He pitched last year, he threw last year, he has yet to make the next step this year, and for someone who runs his mouth as much as he does, he has to realize that teams are going to circle his games on the calendar. If you can't be a pitcher when teams are gunning fr you, you're really puting yourself in a bad spot.

That's all I'm saying. The talent is there, the ability to pitch has been demonstrated, it's just an inability to do it consistently.

He has a better than good slider when it's on though.

You can't say he was a polished pitcher last year. The league knows him now, it's a transition every young pitcher goes through. (or 90% anyway)

He doesn't have the best stuff in the world, but it is definitely good enough to get by on when the hitters don't know you. He has to learn to change speeds, work the corners, go up and down in the zone more than he did last year is all I really mean to say.

I expect him to get out of this funk though.

Reaction score
Sid is the man. I love his show. Every other host down here in 560 and 790 are crap. Boog is the only other host with a good show

I like sid's show as well. Aside from him I'm ok listening to Boog or Rose as well. By far the worst, least informative, and least entertaining show of all is LeBatard's. Except when caliendo is on and its funny.

Shaq-Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
I know this is off topic, and hindsight's 20/20 and all that wonderful stuff, but is anyone but me kinda regretting that we didn't pull the trigger on the Olsen/Baldelli thing this past offseason?
No.

Baldelli's not even putting up major league-caliber numbers this season.

And re: Sid, I love him.

Rydawg

Muckdog
Reaction score

Sid blows!! Besides all he wants to talk about is NY sports. Let him get a job up there.

Reaction score

Sid blows!! Besides all he wants to talk about is NY sports. Let him get a job up there.

I forgive Sid b/c hes from NY. I rather have a New Yorker who makes an effort to talk about Florida teams but once in a while mentions his NY teams, than a Florida gu ythat does nothing except criticize all Florida teams and fans, paint doom and gloom scenarios, and tlak endlessly about meaningless nonsense about Barry Bonds and Terrel Owens.

FlummoxedLummox

I really don't know how anyone can consider Sid's show informative or entertaining. His sense of humor is about as sophisticated as a five year old's, and his analytical skills aren't much better. If I were to rank South Florida sports talk radio, here would be my list:

Top Tier:
- Boog (Very intelligent, great analysis, decent sense of humor)
- LeBatard (Intelligent, decent analysis, very entertaining)

Middle Tier:
- Kevin Rogers (Mildly entertaining, decent analysis, very odd)
- Ed Kaplan (He talks baseball)
- Jim Mandich (I switch to him instead of listening to Sid's god awful show and I like to impersonate him)
- Joe Rose (He's a dufus, but he talks sports and knows sports.)
- Big O (I don't catch him that frequently, but I usually enjoy his program.)

Bottom Tier:
- Sid Rosenberg (I only like listening to him when he has guests on, because his entire personality is abrasive and painful to endure.)
- Jeff Deforest (Abrasive)
- Hank Goldberg (Tired and lazy sounding. Angry. Not entertaining.)

CTMarlinsfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
thanks for listening guys. Sid and Olsen are very good friends and play off each other well...Sid really grilled him today, and he just blew it off. Sid also talked to Schurhultz today, very good interview.

Sid is really one of the greater talk show hosts in South Florida imho. Give him a chance and listen ot his full show

Top Bottom