What's new

Scotty O a little banged up

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Scott Olsen will make Wednesday's start even though he has a very painful bruised left heel.

''I'm not going to miss a start,'' vowed Olsen, who was hit in the foot by a line drive in his start Friday against the Nationals. `But it's sore. It doesn't feel good.'' Olsen says he feels pain from his calf to his heel.

Something new every day with this team! Its unbelievable

HelmsE

Muckdog
Reaction score
Scott Olsen will make Wednesday's start even though he has a very painful bruised left heel.

''I'm not going to miss a start,'' vowed Olsen, who was hit in the foot by a line drive in his start Friday against the Nationals. `But it's sore. It doesn't feel good.'' Olsen says he feels pain from his calf to his heel.

Something new every day with this team! Its unbelievable

I can't imagine that would be good for his pitching and delivery....

FishFanInPA

Nice......I was wondering what his excuse will be if he fails miserably tonight.....

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nice......I was wondering what his excuse will be if he fails miserably tonight.....
LOL. Do you have something personally against him?

FishFanInPA

Not at all...i hope he goes out and wins every start he makes...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
because AJ Burnett takes alot of heat on these boards for being cocky, and Olsen doesn't and being that AJ is/was his favorite Marlin he takes exception to it and doesn't like Olsen

I think that about sums it up

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think AJ takes more heat for being a total douche than for being cocky, which is why he was kicked off the Marlins while Olsen is still allowed to stalk fans at clothing stores.

anotherrealfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think AJ takes more heat for being a total douche than for being cocky, which is why he was kicked off the Marlins while Olsen is still allowed to stalk fans at clothing stores.

Nice shot of Roger Waters. Skipping the concert in WPB cause I am flying to Atlanta to see it there next week with a friend. Should be real good-too bad he throws too much politics at his captive audience.

FishFanInPA

because AJ Burnett takes alot of heat on these boards for being cocky, and Olsen doesn't and being that AJ is/was his favorite Marlin he takes exception to it and doesn't like Olsen

:thumbup

I'm entitled to that opinion as well....there's a lot of people who irrationally like or dislike certain players....Olsen's got a boatload of talent but his 10 cent head costs him.

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score

Oh I didn't realize that. Olsen has never said or done anything remotely rude to the fans like AJ has.

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think Olsen receives a little bit of irrational dislike on this board... not much, but a little. I think it's a little trendy to say Olsen is a headcase.

He has a temper, and he's not afraid to be angry. Sometimes it cost him, in his performance... sometimes it helps, he'll eventually learn how to harness that, just a reminder, his is only 23. I would understand the dislike if he didn't produce, and which this season hasn't had the greatest of starts, but outside of 3 innings, you're looking at a sub 2.50 ERA. Plus, he's really been throwing very well his last couple starts.

He's different than most average, mundane, white pitchers that baseball is accustomed too, and I guess you either love it or hate it. I love it.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Theres a difference between being overly-competitive to a fault and being an a**hole

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
Theres a difference between being overly-competitive to a fault and being an a**hole

Do you really think Olsen is an a-hole? I mean, he's been good to the media and the fans... and of course we know his teammate instances... but even then, he is well-liked by his team (by the way, Cabrera deserved a shot in the face for all of his defensive laziness). There is no question he's an intense guy. I wouldn't call him an a-hole though.

IMO Olsen's level of cockyness is more in line with Big Tex than The AJ.

But what room do I have to talk, I have a ginormous man crush on Scotty O.

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
IMO Olsen's level of cockyness is more in line with Big Tex than The AJ.

But what room do I have to talk, I have a ginormous man crush on Scotty O.

That makes two of us.

Top Bottom