What's new

senate panel backs stadium subsidies

fanfish

Muckdog
Reaction score
This is great news! The Marlins were asking for 2 million per year (for 30 years) in tax breaks. Now they may get 4 million per year (120 million).

My question is the following: Will the new Marlins Stadium qualify for the entire 4 million per year or will they only give them 2 million per year? Remember the State already is giving Dolphin Stadium 2 million a year for the refurbishing that was done to set it up for baseball. Hopefully since they are talking about "facilities" and the Marlins's stadium will be a brand new one, it may qualify for the entire 4 million/year.

The best part of the proposal is that it would only apply to the stadiums ( not the teams) that are on government-owned land or are owned by the municipalities. This means that Wayne H. won't get any more than the 2 million per year he is already keeping.

anotherrealfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
This is great news! The Marlins were asking for 2 million per year (for 30 years) in tax breaks. Now they may get 4 million per year (120 million).

My question is the following: Will the new Marlins Stadium qualify for the entire 4 million per year or will they only give them 2 million per year? Remember the State already is giving Dolphin Stadium 2 million a year for the refurbishing that was done to set it up for baseball. Hopefully since they are talking about "facilities" and the Marlins's stadium will be a brand new one, it may qualify for the entire 4 million/year.

The best part of the proposal is that it would only apply to the stadiums ( not the teams) that are on government-owned land or are owned by the municipalities. This means that Wayne H. won't get any more than the 2 million per year he is already keeping.

Not researched, but I would believe Wayne will keep getting his $2 mill. He is getting it based on the rules at the time it was awarded.

Top Bottom