What's new

Seriously...why do Pressley and Kranitz still have jobs?

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Another 6 spot from a starter, another abysmal K showing from this "vaunted" offense against a good pitcher.

We run it up big time on bad pitching, but we're seriously unable to do anything consistent, like make a pitcher work, unless it's just running it to 2-2 before the strikeout.

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
The beauty is, we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, what suggestions the coaches make, how much they meddle in what hitters are doing, etc. Who knows, maybe they're trying, just the guys aren't getting the jobs done on the field.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
The beauty is, we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, what suggestions the coaches make, how much they meddle in what hitters are doing, etc. Who knows, maybe they're trying, just the guys aren't getting the jobs done on the field.

It's not like one or two players are struggling, the rotation is among the worst in baseball in every imaginable category and the offense is on pace for historic K numbers and the puffed up stats are very misleading.

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score

It's not like one or two players are struggling, the rotation is among the worst in baseball in every imaginable category and the offense is on pace for historic K numbers and the puffed up stats are very misleading.
I understand, but with all the good they did last year, shouldn't we wait a little more than one month of the season before jumping on them?

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
Maybe we're just not that good.

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
Maybe we're just not that good.
That's what I was thinking.....the last few series, we've come upon games against teams that may be simply better than us.

Reaction score
Doing some quick mathematics, at the current pace (not including tonight's result) the Marlins offense will set the all-time strike out record this season with 1,409.

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/historical/team_s...p;sortByStat=SO

On the pitching side, they are on pace to walk 713 batters for the season, which would tie them with the '61 Angels for 25th worst all-time BB total by a team. The 1998 Marlins are 24th on the list.

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/historical/team_s...p;sortByStat=BB

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lordy... This team is going to get better as the year goes on, just like last year.

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Another 6 spot from a starter, another abysmal K showing from this "vaunted" offense against a good pitcher.

We run it up big time on bad pitching, but we're seriously unable to do anything consistent, like make a pitcher work, unless it's just running it to 2-2 before the strikeout.
So...what are you saying?
You think we should fire both Presley and Kranitz?

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
I do think, aside from Julio, the bullpen has been better than at least I expected.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
I do think, aside from Julio, the bullpen has been better than at least I expected.

I agree with that.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
First we fire the manager of the year then we fire the hitting coach of the best hitting team in the Majors. What must the baseball world think of us crazy Marlins? :lol

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
First we fire the manager of the year then we fire the hitting coach of the best hitting team in the Majors. What must the baseball world think of us crazy Marlins? :lol

I was one of like 4 pro Girardi people here.

All I'm saying is that the offense looks unprepared out there more times than not. We've been no-hit into the 6th inning 3 times this year and twice into the 7th. We're on pace for historic K numbers and aside from Hanley and Miggy and Hammer, none of our guys have made that adjustment, and in the case of Olivo and Uggla, they've been in a funk since the ASB last year.

Kranitz had a mixed bag last season with a bad bullpen and a good rotation, now the scenario is reversed.

I'm not saying fire all of them, but this team is sucking big time...a lot worse than the numbers indicated, and the team hasn't shown itself to be afraid of making moves on the week of Mother's Day.

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
Presley got fired? Or am I reading something wrong?
Just a suggestion at this point, I believe.

Top Bottom