What's new

Should Arnsberg have been fired?

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
I have been told that Arnsberg should be fired for a while now, and I have disagreed. The reasons for doing so have usually been that he is a 'tinkerer' (altered deliveries of at least 3 pitchers I can think of Nunez, Redman, Burnett) and some even want to pin overuse of Burnett on him. I dont think these reasons are sufficient as 2 of 3 pitchers with new deliveries have improved and Burnett's injury, if we believe his 'rumor', seems to be an old injury at most (which I doubt) or at least the culmination of many too many factors to pin a scapegoat on.

But I am curious because Samson apparently wanted Arnsberg fired (but Samson is the team president, not part of the baseball think-tank), if the rumors are true. Is there a reason I am overlooking? Have any of you guys got a good reason why Arnsberg was fired? Because it seems that Torborg was looped into this firing by defending Arnsberg in the first place. :confused

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think it's just as simple as.....Loria/Sampson/Beinfest needed a scapegoat for all the pitching injuries. They also didn't like the fact that Arnsberg talked to the media extensively about the pitching staff, when (I assume) management didn't want him leaking out everything to the press. Then Arnsberg refused to talk to the media at all for a while, but it was clear management wasn't seeing eye to eye.

The team needed a fall guy, and since Loria, Sampson, & Beinfest are apparently connected at the hip, they're not going anywhere. Now if Loria dumped Beinfest or Sampson, then I'd be shocked.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yes they should of been fired. They dont know how to manage a bullpen! Arnesberg doesnt know how to work with pitchers...that pitching coach we have now had to work with him while Arnesberg Didnt. What kind of Pitching coach is Arnesberg.

Torborg makes wrong moves at bad times. He swicthes the lineup too much, he should stick with a lineup that works.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yes they should of been fired. They dont know how to manage a bullpen! Arnesberg doesnt know how to work with pitchers...that pitching coach we have now had to work with him while Arnesberg Didnt. What kind of Pitching coach is Arnesberg.

Torborg makes wrong moves at bad times. He swicthes the lineup too much, he should stick with a lineup that works.
3 minutes after on another Arnsberg Topic

Brad was a good pitching coach Penny adn AJ really liked him but all off our pitchers were getting hurt so Beinfest came to a conclusion that is was all Arnesberg's Fault.

I think that was stupid not letting him in for the Last time to get his Belongings... :angry

:blink:

Que pasa mijo? :mischief2

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
Still, no answer though. I need proof, I have asked others on floridamarlins.com to provide me something, but got nothing. So I figured I would come here and get a lil' sugar. Cmon, guys, reach down deep and give me something!

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
see my post under AJ's other topic.

Top Bottom