What's new

Should the fences be moved in?

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
The clear answer is yes, this park has taken away many HR from the Fish.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
no no no no

we will lost more games....

they did a study with the Astros in the Astrodome awhile back, and it said if they fences were to be moved in, the Astros would lose 10-15 more games that season....

pitching wins championships

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
The fences are not fair for the Fish. They play in the worst hitter's park in the game. Tonight, we could have had a comeback if the fences were similar to those in other ballparks. The fish did well at GAB and Arlington, why would that change here with a better offensive park than now, it still would favor pitchers with plenty of foul areas and the teal tower as well as being at around sea level and in a humid area.

The Astrodome was ridiculous, it was under a roof and was higher above sea level than PPS.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
dont touch the fences...and the Tigers play in a bigger park than ours i think...

pitching wins championships

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
If its the worst hitters park then is the best pitcher park. Leave the fences alone.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tigers moved fences in.
and it's still a huge park...

dont touch the fences... use it as an advantage and it usually helps us

bigfishfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
no just get a new field. Sorry I just don't see how the marlins will ever make a profit without one. I mean they get little if anything from all the vendor items which is where the owners make their money.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
no just get a new field. Sorry I just don't see how the marlins will ever make a profit without one. I mean they get little if anything from all the vendor items which is where the owners make their money.
There lies the problem and I doubt Miami-Dade County will build one.

marlin2266

Muckdog
Reaction score
Especially considering MDC is now considering ponying up >100,000,000 to update the Orange Bowl for "football only".

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
isnt this team supposed to be built around speed, defense and pitching?

if the players hit the ball in teh gaps they get a double and possibly a triple.

the homerun is overrated.

g8trz2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
well, pitching doesnt win championships...or else the Braves would be winning more than one World Series.....but it sure gets you to the playoffs!

Keep the fences. Ridiculous idea. And who says our pitching sucks? Our current rotation has a combined ERA of 3.51!

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tonight, we could have had a comeback if the fences were similar to those in other ballparks.
If they have to score 11 runs to win then they deserved to lose that game anyway.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I didn't say our pitching sucks. I said that a bad performance by a pitcher scores runs no mater how you look at it. What is more demoralizing...
1)5 runs scored via singles, hits, doubles?
2)5 runs via A three run HR and two run HR?

Latest posts

Top Bottom