What's new

SI marlins season preview

miamibaseball

Muckdog
Reaction score
General manager Admin Beinfest has received too little credit for assembling a young, pitching-rich roster that was in the running for the NL wild card as late as mid-September last year and is the envy of every other major league front office this season. These Marlins aren't yet ready to win a third World Series, but they are not as far off as many might think. While Florida's other mid-1990s expansion entry, the Devil Rays, have stockpiled positional talent, the Marlins have hoarded arms to complement their glut of talented every-day players such as Miguel Cabrera, reigning NL Rookie of the Year Hanley Ramirez and Dan Uggla.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/...ws/marlins.html
that link to rest of report their have in four place behind brave and phy,mets

DcFishFan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Writer suggests trading either S. West or Volstad to White Sox for once-highly touted CF prospect Brian Anderson.

Intriguing. Not sure I'd trade Volstad (currently thought to be our #1 prospect), but I'd probably do it for West.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Writer suggests trading either S. West or Volstad to White Sox for once-highly touted CF prospect Brian Anderson.

Intriguing. Not sure I'd trade Volstad (currently thought to be our #1 prospect), but I'd probably do it for West.
West is now done for the year, so thats not happening

Top Bottom