What's new

So I met Beinfest at the Marlins/Os game on Wednesday

mafatumatt

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey everyone, sorry this is coming in late but i was on spring break.

i went to the marlins/o's game on wednesday and saw beinfest so i approached him late in the game after loria left.

i asked about benitez and he said $8 million is a lot, so it doesnt sound like the giants want to pick up too much of his salary. also, i asked about CF. He said the d-rays aren't budging, but he likes sanchez out there. i agree.

anyhow, sanchez is my pick for CF if we pick no one up.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

i went to the marlins/o's game on wednesday and saw beinfest so i approached him late in the game after loria left.

i asked about benitez and he said $8 million is a lot, so it doesnt sound like the giants want to pick up too much of his salary. also, i asked about CF. He said the d-rays aren't budging, but he likes sanchez out there. i agree.

Actually the Giants said they would pick up all but $1mil of his salary. And Beinfest is obviously on shrooms if he likes Sanchez out in CF.

mafatumatt

Muckdog
Reaction score

Actually the Giants said they would pick up all but $1mil of his salary. And Beinfest is obviously on shrooms if he likes Sanchez out in CF.

i trust him. for the giants to pick up that salary they'd want a top pitcher. something he doesn't want to give up. makes sense. aging vet for one of our starting 5? i think not.

and sanchez has looked the most impressive.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

i trust him. for the giants to pick up that salary they'd want a top pitcher. something he doesn't want to give up. makes sense. aging vet for one of our starting 5? i think not.

I seriously doubt the Giants would ask for one of our top 5. They just want him off their team. And how has Sanchez been the most impressive?

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thats the company line for when we find ourselves with Sanchez in the starting lineup on opening day

Skully

Muckdog
Reaction score
Say it ain't so, Beinfest.. How has Sanchez impressed? He's hitting under .200 and they've already talked about the way he tries to make easy plays look nice. Reed, on the other hand, is hitting around .350 and they know what he can do defensively..... I hope to God that Sanchez is not our Opening Day center fielder..

As for the closer, it appears that Benitez will be on one my teams regardless. However, at this point, I want to see the Giants give him a shot. He's looked good during Spring Training so far and Bochy just announced that he will go into the season with him as the closer. I don't see them trading him just yet. Plus, I'd like to see the Marlins give one of the young guys a shot. Who knows.. we may have one of MLB's next great closers on our roster. They just need the chance.

Reaction score

I seriously doubt the Giants would ask for one of our top 5. They just want him off their team. And how has Sanchez been the most impressive?

Because he has the most MLB experience, can run, and can hit for average (yes he will hit above .200 in the regular season). My pick is Reed (was since before spring training) but don't act like you know more than Beinfest please.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

Because he has the most MLB experience, can run, and can hit for average (yes he will hit above .200 in the regular season). My pick is Reed (was since before spring training) but don't act like you know more than Beinfest please.
Beinfest is just trying to shield himself here. He knows he f'ed up this offseason. Maybe if you took your head out of his ass, you would see that he isn't perfect. And I never said I knew more than Beinfest, but I certainly don't agree with some of the moves he makes.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score

Beinfest is just trying to shield himself here. He knows he f'ed up this offseason. Maybe if you took your head out of his ass, you would see that he isn't perfect. And I never said I knew more than Beinfest, but I certainly don't agree with some of the moves he makes.
Like not starting Borchard in CF more.

Reaction score

Dude, you have the biggest ego I've ever seen on a message board and you think you are always right.

FACT- Alex Sanchez has a career .296 average in the major leagues.

FACT- Joe Borchard has a career .209 average in the major leagues.

FACT- Alex Sanchez has 122 career SBs.

FACT- Joe Borchard has 1 career SBs.

FACT- YOU said "Spring Training stats mean nothing."

FACT-YOU said Alex Sanchez sucks and was a mistake! Based on what spring training stats!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???!?!?

FACT- Alex Sanchez is a CF.

FACT- Joe Borchard is not a CF.

Dude, quit acting like you know the minor leagues and the team so good. You don't know anything more than the casual fan.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

Dude, you have the biggest ego I've ever seen on a message board and you think you are always right.

FACT-YOU said Alex Sanchez sucks and was a mistake! Based on what spring training stats!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???!?!?

Dude, quit acting like you know the minor leagues and the team so good. You don't know anything more than the casual fan.
lololool... I'm not going to get in a pointless pissing contest with you over who knows more about baseball. We all know who comes out on top.

Alex Sanchez was a mistake based on the fact that he sucks. He sucked last year in the minors, and he sucked this year in the meaningless Spring Training. He doesn't take a walk. He gets no extra base hits. He is terrible in the outfield. His arm is pathetic. And yea, he has 122 stolen bases, I'll grant you that. He has also been caught 58 times. That's a 67% stolen base rate. That is absolutely pathetic. What good is getting on base when there's a healthy chance you get caught stealing? Alex Sanchez is not a CF. He isn't even a major leaguer. Atleast with Joe, if he is slumping in the average category, he can hit one out of the park or get on base by walking. If/when Alex Sanchez slumps he is a 0 player. He offers you nothing.

Reaction score

lololool... I'm not going to get in a pointless pissing contest with you over who knows more about baseball. We all know who comes out on top.

Alex Sanchez was a mistake based on the fact that he sucks. He sucked last year in the minors, and he sucked this year in the meaningless Spring Training. He doesn't take a walk. He gets no extra base hits. He is terrible in the outfield. His arm is pathetic. And yea, he has 122 stolen bases, I'll grant you that. He has also been caught 58 times. That's a 67% stolen base rate. That is absolutely pathetic. What good is getting on base when there's a healthy chance you get caught stealing? Alex Sanchez is not a CF. He isn't even a major leaguer. Atleast with Joe, if he is slumping in the average category, he can hit one out of the park or get on base by walking. If/when Alex Sanchez slumps he is a 0 player. He offers you nothing.

Please....you are God. Because you have thousands of posts, you are so smart about baseball. I guess I will believe you, Alex Sanchez sucks and Joe Borchard is a starting CFer.....keep the jokes coming!

You just said that Alex Sanchez is not a MLB player yet he has a career average of .296. You know less about baseball than MetsBS.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

Please....you are God. Because you have thousands of posts, you are so smart about baseball. I guess I will believe you, Alex Sanchez sucks and Joe Borchard is a starting CFer.....keep the jokes coming!
aka you know I'm right.

post count has nothing to do with this discussion.

Reaction score

aka you know I'm right.

post count has nothing to do with this discussion.

Alex Sanchez has a career .296 average and over 120 SBs and you said he is not a MLB baseball player. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!

Dude, your boy Joe Borchard is lucky to be in the majors....(.209 career average).

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
at this point he's not even close to ML player and was a fringe player for his what...2.5 full seasons? Your most recent effort counts for a helluva lot, especially when you're out of the 20s.

Reaction score
What facts do you have to back up your horrible statement of joe Borchard being better than Alex Sanchez despite you saying that Spring Training counts for nothing??????????

You have nothing to back up your 32,000 posts.......just stop please lol.

at this point he's not even close to ML player and was a fringe player for his what...2.5 full seasons? Your most recent effort counts for a helluva lot, especially when you're out of the 20s.

What facts backup that Alex Sanchez sucks and Joe Borchard is a starting CFer?

He's crazy to think he's always right and to just keeping posting.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
What facts do you have to back up your horrible statement of joe Borchard being better than Alex Sanchez despite you saying that Spring Training counts for nothing??????????

I already stated them

Borchard has the ability to hit one out of the park. He can take a walk. He sees plenty of pitches. He has a strong arm to throw someone out. He has good enough baseball instincts to play some games in CF.

Alex Sanchez is an empty player who gets caught stealing 37% of the time.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
WMM's allstar team of Sanchez, Bernie and Javy Lopez would be fun to watch.

Reaction score

I already stated them

Borchard has the ability to hit one out of the park. He can take a walk. He sees plenty of pitches. He has a strong arm to throw someone out. He has good enough baseball instincts to play some games in CF.

Alex Sanchez is an empty player who gets caught stealing 37% of the time.

Borchard is barely a better hitter than Dontrelle Willis and will be lucky to hit over .250 this year.

Top Bottom