What's new

So my mom saw Adam Sandler

TPJI328

Muckdog
Reaction score
So last night my mom and dad went to pick up chinese food at a so so..not so good chinese resturant. My dad ran in to pick up the order and while my mom was sitting in her can all of sudden a Honda Accord pulled up and Adam Sandler got out. my mom was in shock when i asked her did u get a picture or a autograph she said no and im like OMG MOM WHY!? he must of been picking p chinese food because he walked out with a brown bag of it.

pretty intresting..to bad i wasnt there. because i diddnt want to take the ride :banghead

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
So last night my mom and dad went to pick up chinese food at a so so..not so good chinese resturant. My dad ran in to pick up the order and while my mom was sitting in her can all of sudden a Honda Accord pulled up and Adam Sandler got out. my mom was in shock when i asked her did u get a picture or a autograph she said no and im like OMG MOM WHY!? he must of been picking p chinese food because he walked out with a brown bag of it.

pretty intresting..to bad i wasnt there. because i diddnt want to take the ride :banghead

He is a human being you know?

MVPosey

Muckdog
Reaction score
It was probably someone that looks like him
no way a big $20 million/ film movie star would drive a Honda Accord

TPJI328

Muckdog
Reaction score

ok buddy. its adam sandler. Miguel Cabrera is a human being and if you saw him in person your telling me you wouldnt post something about it or make a deal about it. Miguel Cabrera is just another human being to. i bet you would be happy. Be happy man, maybe you had a bad monday jajajaja :notworthy

o god what was i thinking. your user name is JetsMania. OF COURSE i would expect a reply like that from a JETS fan. ughh.

Bradcore

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
So. I met Bill Murry, the guy who did the Superman comics (dunno if he still does), and Cal Ripkin Jr. I treated them the same way I did anyone else. I didn't get all excited or up their butts or anything. I just asked them how they were doing, helped them if they needed anything, and let them be on their way.

And in case you're wondering, I sold Cal Ripkin Jr. Smugglers Run and a multitap adapter for the PS2.

TPJI328

Muckdog
Reaction score
ahahha thats so sick. dam i guess im different if i saw Cabrera or any big name in sports or Autors i would be really happy and excited about it. Like the time Dontrelle and Juan Pierre sat infront of me at a Marlins game... i couldnt stop talking to them and Dontrelle was talking to me and my buddy the whole time. ( i can show a picture if no one believes me)

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
ahahha thats so sick. dam i guess im different if i saw Cabrera or any big name in sports or Autors i would be really happy and excited about it. Like the time Dontrelle and Juan Pierre sat infront of me at a Marlins game... i couldnt stop talking to them and Dontrelle was talking to me and my buddy the whole time. ( i can show a picture if no one believes me)

Did they take the day off and go as fans? :mischief2

TPJI328

Muckdog
Reaction score
it was after Juan was traded and a member of the Cubs but i believe it was before the start of the new season. umm how do i insert a picture thats on my computer?

FishFan89

Muckdog
Reaction score
forgive him hes not fully competent, I was with him he meant HEAT game. and in response...

COOL DUDE

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score

ok buddy. its adam sandler. Miguel Cabrera is a human being and if you saw him in person your telling me you wouldnt post something about it or make a deal about it. Miguel Cabrera is just another human being to. i bet you would be happy. Be happy man, maybe you had a bad monday jajajaja :notworthy

o god what was i thinking. your user name is JetsMania. OF COURSE i would expect a reply like that from a JETS fan. ughh.

Its adam sandler and miguel cabrera whoopy! Seriously, it would be cool to see them but i wouldnt go up to them and start harrasing them. They are just normal people, so there is no point in freaking out that you see them or in your case heard from someone that they saw him. Maybe when I was 10 I would go crazy if I saw someone famous, but now I really could care less. Last year I walked out of the theater in boston and saw mark walberg (there were a bunch of people around him), I didnt even bother to do a double take, I just walked past him.
So yea they are just human beings (who happen to be very rich and are on tv every other second).

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score

Your mom was mistaken. It was not Adam Sandler.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wish I was that lucky. The only things that have happened to me was almost walking into Jorge Julio while getting out of a cab in Seattle, and seeing James Posey walking out of a Best Buy during the playoffs last year. I also got an autograph (along with many other fans) of Dontrelle Willis right before the 2004 season when he threw out the first pitch at a UM baseball game.

TPJI328

Muckdog
Reaction score
Adam Sandlers parents do live in Boca Raton. We live in Boca and they went to a well known chinese resturant. i dont know if anyone lives in Boca but the resturant is called Gary Woo's ... i think its on federal? im rlly not sure though i myself have not been there in a while

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
I remember when I was 8 and I saw Jeff Conine (my all time favorite player) and Greg Colbrunn with their wives and Pete Rose Cafe. I was freaking out. We waited until he was finished eating and they both signed autographs for us, thanked us for waiting until they were done, Conine patted me on the head and they both left.

I still remember that. It was awesome.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
It was probably someone that looks like him
no way a big $20 million/ film movie star would drive a Honda Accord
Surprisingly, he drives a Honda Accord Hybrid! I read something about it in an article about stars in Hollywood that are going "Green." So, his mom was probably right.

buccanes

Muckdog
Reaction score
At one point in my life I used to be an autograph hound and would be easily starstruck whenever I saw someone of note, so I don't have much room to judge. But I'm amazed at the degree that some of you obsess over getting autographs from people (showing up at hotels, etc.). If you are trying to profit from this all, I can understand that, but these are ordinary people in essence. They devote so much time to their profession (baseball, movies, music, whatever) and probably are starved to talk about something normal.

Do you think (insert ballplayer name here) actually likes it when fans approach him and say "Hey, nice home run you hit last night?" He's most likely thinking, "well, that's my job..."

I find interactions with known figures to be much more pleasurable when you just talk to them about normal things excluding their trade. Don't even act like they are a celebrity. That way you get to recognize their true personality, not the one created by our pop culture crazed society.

totally agree.. i never have asked for an autograph in my life.. the times ive met an athlete i have just said hi to them and talked for a little. no need for a piece of paper with a scribble on it, unless you sell it i guess..

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
The worst are the little kids who shout "Hey number 47 sign my ball!" Those kids don't even know the name of the player and many times are fans of the opposing team (home teams have batting practice with closed gates...I don't blame them).

And their parents go out of their way to get the bullpen coach to sign the back of the ticket stub.

Last year I was at Citizens Bank Park and there was this kid behind the Marlins dugout wearing Phillies gear. He couldn't have been more than 7 or 8 years old. Dan Uggla was standing around the cage during BP waiting his turn, switching in and out with the other players taking a few swings. Uggla's name was clearly written on the back of his uni, but the kid didn't even bother to utilize it. Instead he kept shouting "Number 6! Number 6! Number 6! Sign my ball!"

I swear I was ready to smack him right there.
Completely agree. There was a kid at the last ST game I went to this year decked out in Marlins gear standing around the bullpen during the game. He was standing directly behind Matt Lindstrom screaming, literally screaming his number out when the name was right there in front of his face. This kid was probably 9 years old and his parents were standing right next to him laughing as he screamed at Lindstrom, whom he was standing a foot away from.

During the middle of the inning, Matt signed four autographs and skipped the kid that was yelling.

jdcane98

Muckdog
Reaction score
I met Bill Murry

A friend of mine is an F-rate actress in hollywood, she was hanging out at a party for lohan, and murray was there trying to score young ass... he walked up to her and said "you look like buttermilk in the morning." strange guy.

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
At one point in my life I used to be an autograph hound and would be easily starstruck whenever I saw someone of note, so I don't have much room to judge. But I'm amazed at the degree that some of you obsess over getting autographs from people (showing up at hotels, etc.). If you are trying to profit from this all, I can understand that, but these are ordinary people in essence. They devote so much time to their profession (baseball, movies, music, whatever) and probably are starved to talk about something normal.

Do you think (insert ballplayer name here) actually likes it when fans approach him and say "Hey, nice home run you hit last night?" He's most likely thinking, "well, that's my job..."

I find interactions with known figures to be much more pleasurable when you just talk to them about normal things excluding their trade. Don't even act like they are a celebrity. That way you get to recognize their true personality, not the one created by our pop culture crazed society.
I agree. Just don't understand the attraction to having an autograph. Having lived in New York City I've seen, or sat next to at a restaurant or bar, at least 100 "famous people". Also spent time actually hanging out, partying, doing business, or eating out with John Belushi, Gilda Radner, a few Penthouse Pets(even wrote the BS bio for one who was a good friend), many MLB players including Randy Johnson, Maddux, Conine, Beckett, AJ, Nen, Mantei, and at least 20 other current or former players. Never thought of asking for anyone's autograph. Except my son did request Randy Johnson's autograph after getting him a congratulations card after he pitched that perfect game a few years ago. He was due in my store the next day, and spent about 4 hours there. And he was a real dick about giving the requested autograph. And talk about attitude. He's 100 times worse than AJ or Olsen. He took my son's card, read it, and threw it on the ground. That cost him $4000. These are just everyday people who happen to do something very public.

Top Bottom