What's new

So my place got broken into the other day...

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've been in Jacksonville for 6 f*cking months & we get a break-in already. I was in south florida for 14 years and never had an incident.

This really makes me hate people. You struggle for so long to get to a certain place in life and then some piece of garbage feels its okay to do sh*t like this.

The ironic thing is it happened during the day, and I sometimes head home during my lunch break to stop at my condo. I possibly could've been home to stop it, or even caught the guys in the act, who knows. That particular day I took a coworker out to lunch for her birthday so I didn't find out about it 'til later. Wish I'd have caught the sonofabitch that did it.

Sorry, just needed a thread to vent...

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
wow that sucks. Hopefully the catch the piece of sh*t that did that.

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've been in Jacksonville for 6 f*cking months & we get a break-in already. I was in south florida for 14 years and never had an incident.

This really makes me hate people. You struggle for so long to get to a certain place in life and then some piece of garbage feels its okay to do sh*t like this.

The ironic thing is it happened during the day, and I sometimes head home during my lunch break to stop at my condo. I possibly could've been home to stop it, or even caught the guys in the act, who knows. That particular day I took a coworker out to lunch for her birthday so I didn't find out about it 'til later. Wish I'd have caught the sonofabitch that did it.

Yep, I've lived in South Florida for 18 years and never got robbed and then a few weeks ago in my dorm here at FIU my room was broken into and mine and my roommates and I's laptops got stolen, and it's just f***ed up. I don't know why people feel like it's ok to do this, but I do believe what comes around goes around. Karma, I suppose. To quote Earl: You do good things, good things happen to you, you do bad things bad things happen to you.

I'm sure at some point things even out, and you'll get yours. Don't get too down on humanity as whole. Most people aren't douchebags.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hate to hear about garbage like this. I'm sorry that happened to ya, HC. :confused

Fish4Life

Muckdog
Reaction score

Wow man I am sorry to hear that..

I completely understand you dude! I mean your situation is much worse than mine because its an actual house but I bolded a part of your vent because the same sh*t happen to me the other day. I busted my ass for awhile to get a brand new car and get rid of the piece of sh*t i had. Last friday while I was in a gas station for 5 seconds buying a drink, a f***er hit my park car and left. HUGE HUGE bash into my car... 600+ bucks in damage!!! Car is less than 2 months old.. Some ppl have alot of f***ign nerve! Anyways, hope eveything works out alright man and they catch the bastard!

jdcane98

Muckdog
Reaction score
I lived in Miami for 15 years and my house was robbed 3 times, my car 2 times. Guess it depends where you're from. Culter Ridge/Perrine for me. Lived in J'ville and Orlando for 10 years now, never been robbed once, although someone did make a half-assed attempt at my sh*tty car and DIDNT get in, I drive a f***ing neon, my grandma could get in my neon and she's 85.

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
thats real f***ed up man, sorry to hear about that. hope the bastard gets caught and gets whats coming to them.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Damn, HC. I know this means literally nothing - text on a message board - but I'm really sorry that had to happen to a solid guy like you.

Just be thankful your family wasn't home and it wasn't some maniac that could have done worse. Posessions are just that and there are things I'm sure you are much happier that are safe.

Keep your head up bro.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
They took some stuff ... camcorder, digital camera, jewely, that sort of stuff. So I'm assuming it was some punk kids. Mostly things that they either figured they could use or sell easily. Took a great set of headphones I just realized were missing. F*CK!!!

Nothing that can't be replaced I guess, but it's gonna hurt.

It's also just knowing that some disgusting trash f*cker has been in my home. In my bedroom, where my wife & I sleep, in my little 1 year-old boy's room, going through the drawers in there. Makes me absolutely homicidal. My wife can't sleep.

I also have myself to blame because I hadn't gotten around to having a security system installed yet and now look what happened. So in addition to hating whoever did this I'm beating myself up over it too.

But yeah, things can be replaced, family can't.

could always have been much worse. Life goes on.

Now on to shopping for security systems & go get a Rotweiller, cause my little ankle-biter dogs probably just licked his damn hands.

I guess this is the type of incident that makes you go get a gun for protection. Sigh...

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
That sucks, i'd kill anybody that tries to take anything that's mine. I hope that co-worker
gave you some "i'm sorry you got burglarized" booty.

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hotcorner, So sorry to hear what happened to you. I've been there and it is one of the worst feelings.

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear that HC. I know you and your family must be pretty on edge right now over it all, but it'll pass with time. I know the feeling; my house got broken into awhile back. I can relate to exactly what you're saying about the sickening feeling knowing that someone was just rooting around your bedroom and going through your drawers and living spaces in which you and your loved ones live. Keep going forward man, you'll get through it.

FishFanInPA

That's the one good thing about an apartment.....I feel relatively safe here...i've barred the door and that's the only way into my apt.

Now on to shopping for security systems & go get a Rotweiller, cause my little ankle-biter dogs probably just licked his damn hands.

Careful with the rott my friend, extremely loyal and affectionate and playful...BUT, careful around your little boy, the rott could just be playing around and accidentally hurt him.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score

Careful with the rott my friend, extremely loyal and affectionate and playful...BUT, careful around your little boy, the rott could just be playing around and accidentally hurt him.
yeah, just joking about that part. :thumbup

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score

yeah, just joking about that part. :thumbup

Seriously, look into getting a Doberman. Extremely intelligent,loyal family dogs who have a great natural instinct to be watch dogs(not violent dogs).

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that HC.

Unfortunately, residential burglaries are not uncommon (but when your the victim it really sucks and you feel violated). The dirtbags case the place first to make sure no ones home and then do their thing.

Did you file a police report? Will any of your possessions be covered under your homeowner's insurance?

I second the motion to look into a Doberman. The problem with the alarm systems is that by the time the signal gets relayed to the security company, then transferred to 911, the suspects are already leaving (but I imagine having the alarm system is sometimes a deterent to a bad guy).

Those pile of sh*t's should go out and get a job and work hard like the rest of us.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd have to disagree about training a large dog to attack a potential intruder. Creates more problems then it could potentially solve, especially with a baby in the house.

Alarm systems are good not for just alerting police, but scaring off the intruder and if you are in your home alerting you as well.

I'd go with the alarm and gun, its what I'm going to be doing when I move this fall.

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey I'm sorry that happened to you HC. I had my place broken into in college. Seeing as college kids are pretty broke I went around to various local pawn shops and found quite a few items that were taken from my place. For example I had a set of turntables taken that had my initials carved into the bottom with a knife. Let's just say I found them up at Pawn America on Colonial Drive in Orlando right down the street from my apartment.

These thieves might have been smart enough to get into your place but they sure as hell are stupid when it comes to reselling your equipment. I'm not promising anything but it pays to take a look around locally.

Top Bottom