What's new

So this is how it's going to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
So, this is how it?s going to be? I?ve been a member here longer than any of the new moderators, and in all my time here, I?ve never been warned, never. Now, all of a sudden, here I am, banned.

And what did I do, you ask? Well, I had an issue with having my posts deleted; lord forbid I question any authoritative action. Turns out the reasons I was given for having my posts deleted were wrong, I felt I?d make a point of it to the moderation staff, I was essentially told to shut up, that grammar wasn?t a required part of the forums and questioning it was unacceptable. Well, last night, grand-master Dodge (I hesitate to address him by name as I fret that I may offend his Excellency) decided to make a mountain of a mole-hill with a poster simply mistaking Miguel Tejada for Tejeda (what?s in a name, anyway). Ramp initially expressed displeasure with the nit-picking and I felt it my place to also say that it was unreasonable. After again being told to shut up, I brought my situation back into play. I received a warning from his Excellency to not bring miamibaseball into any more discussion. I obliged. His Excellency then asked my permission to ?clean up? the thread. Since the posts are my property, according to marlinsbaseball.com bylaws, I gave my piece of mind that they should remain as they add value to the thread, but that his Excellency may do ?whatever it takes to help him sleep at night.? With that, I?m banned and I?m assuming the posts deleted. No profanity was used on my part, no insulting terms directed towards his Excellency, and as a matter of fact his Excellency was the one who reduced himself to name-calling, referring to me as a ?smart-ass,? although I must say I take that rather well as his Excellency has decided it fitting to at least inform me that he thinks so highly of my intellect, after all it is better than being a dumb-ass.

Now, I know that most here don?t like me. Hell, I wear that as a badge of honor since it simply means I?m opinionated and articulate. If all we did was simply take the ?I agree? approach to everything, then there?s no need to even have a message board. I?ve butted heads with a few users here, many of whom feel the need to directly respond to my post adding little other than calling me an idiot or worse. Now, I have never, ever, had one post where all I did was respond directly to a user and refer directly to him or her as an idiot without adding anything else in the post, yet I have had this done to me on more than one occasion, often by the same user(s) who feel the need to attack my contrary opinion without anything substantive.

Additionally, there have been many threads in the outfield started by a certain member who had grammatical issues and basically the entire board felt it within their boundaries to criticize grammar and mental state, I was guilty of this, many were, yet this incident passed without repercussion despite more than one thread that ended prematurely.

If this is the direction that Marlinsbaseball.com is headed, I want no part of it. If all it takes to get banned is running into a mod in a pissy mood, then this environment is no longer conducive to free thought. It?s probably likely that this post will get deleted, heck, I may even get banned again, but I think I?m owed an explanation, something more than ?just because.?

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
wasnt involved in the thread that u were talking about, but u were nice to me when i asked u questions through PM about card shops and all that. so hope things work out and everything gets solved

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
If someone violates forum rules and either ignores or replies sarcastically to multiple warnings/requests from the staff to cut it out, then they will be banned.

That's how I operate, that's how I operated with this case, and that's how it is. I really don't have anything else to say.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
If someone violates forum rules and either ignores or replies sarcastically to multiple warnings/requests from the staff to cut it out, then they will be banned.

That's how I operate, that's how I operated with this case, and that's how it is. I really don't have anything else to say.

If I may reply, your excellency (I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds) I did not bring miamibaseball into the discussion after being told not to. Heck, the only reason I brought it up was I was told that grammar was not to be criticized, yet here you were...do as I say, not as I do?

I received one warning from you and that was it.

If you can't handle a remark that you have no response to, then I suggest not fishing for an argument.

And may I also ask where in the forum guidelines it discusses banning?

Fritz

I think TSwift is a good poster and brings some interesting perspective on things.

No need to ban him just because he got under your skin and "won" an all-important e-argument.

Reaction score
TSwift is a good poster and brings good knowledge of baseball to the table. I think the spat between him and Dodgii is unfortunate. I hope you guys can resolve the issue. Dodgii, I think you are taking the job of being a moderator a bit too serious. I am not trying to belittle you or in any way shape or form put you down. Just calm down a bit. All in all I think there are bigger fish to fry on this site. Now kiss and make up.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think Dodge got a little too power hungry and apparently tried to instill fear in us or something by suspending TSwift

everyone and their f***ing mother new the poster meant Miguel Tejada when saying Miguel Tejeda...

you had to be a wise ass and say that Juan Tejeda played for the Norfolk Tides.... you went out of your way to be a douche bag...

just not necessary.... oh well, youll learn

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
TSwift is a good poster and brings good knowledge of baseball to the table. I think the spat between him and Dodgii is unfortunate. I hope you guys can resolve the issue. Dodgii, I think you are taking the job of being a moderator a bit too serious. I am not trying to belittle you or in any way shape or form put you down. Just calm down a bit. All in all I think there are bigger fish to fry on this site. Now kiss and make up.

There's plenty you guys don't know.

You think for one second I didn't try to be reasonable? You guys know me. I've never had any issues with TSwift (or anybody) until I became a moderator and all of a sudden he decides he wants to test me.

Some advice: Don't do it.

There's a lot that Swift left out of his rant. Jesus Christ, Ramp - who the f*** cares that I pointed out that Juan Tejeda plays for an AAA team? I was not being malicious. That is completely incomparable to Swift harassing miamibaseball over the course of days in spite of the requests of several moderators to stop. I happened to be the last one to do so, and Swift being the awesome poster that he is, couldn't be mature about it.

Even on this thread, Swift, you're still acting like a jackass - contrary to what many who've spoken up think you are. You do contribute a lot to the forums 99% of the time - keep it up.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
If I may ask, your Excellency, what am I leaving out of my rant? I mentioned the threads I posted here in the press box, and the "just shut ups" I received herein.

That you warned me to stop via PM? I sure put that in there. Enlighten me oh enlightened one for I must be showed the way...

And please, sir, the namecalling is getting destructive.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
Let me ask you something. Why do you continue to test me if you want to have a discussion? I'm sorry dude, but that's not how it works.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Let me ask you something. Why do you continue to test me if you want to have a discussion? I'm sorry dude, but that's not how it works.

Sir, how am I testing you?

You've been the one to resort to name-calling. All I'm seeking is an answer and you've yet to provide one. The "there's more than he's saying" isn't true. So basically I got banned because his Excellency had no more to say and just wanted me gone? That's not creating an environment conducive to free thought.

markotsay7

There's a lot that Swift left out of his rant. Jesus Christ, Ramp - who the f*** cares that I pointed out that Juan Tejeda plays for an AAA team?

I don't think mods should be cursing so much.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
There's a lot that Swift left out of his rant. Jesus Christ, Ramp - who the f*** cares that I pointed out that Juan Tejeda plays for an AAA team?

I don't think mods should be cursing so much.

Sorry if you're offended. :cool

^_^

Muckdog
Reaction score

k thnx bye thread over.

you were warned and apparently did it again. they don't need to warn you it is up to you to know the rules. they chose to warn you out of the goodness of their hearts. if you don't like how the site is run you shouldnt give more money to it and you should find a new marlins mb to hit up. simple really.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
^_^ )-->QUOTE( ^_^ @ May 4 2006, 11:12 AM) [snapback]1136343[/snapback]

"TSwift25 said:
k thnx bye thread over.

you were warned and apparently did it again. they don't need to warn you it is up to you to know the rules. they chose to warn you out of the goodness of their hearts. if you don't like how the site is run you shouldnt give more money to it and you should find a new marlins mb to hit up. simple really.
[/quote]

The warning was unrelated to what I was banned for.

You can't tell a kid "don't eat ice-cream" and then beat him for eating a candy-bar.

^_^

Muckdog
Reaction score

You can't tell a kid "don't eat ice-cream" and then beat him for eating a candy-bar.

shh... quit being a whin-o and trying to make youself a martyr.

if you broke one of the posted rules and regulations of the site that is it give it up.

if you are saying you didn't break a rule that is something else.

if you cant read or understand rules that is not the mods fault and it does not become the mods job to explain things to you. so instead of whining how about you go read the rules so you don't break anymore. sound good? :thumbup

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
^_^ )-->QUOTE( ^_^ @ May 4 2006, 11:12 AM) [snapback]1136343[/snapback]
"TSwift25 said:
k thnx bye thread over.

you were warned and apparently did it again. they don't need to warn you it is up to you to know the rules. they chose to warn you out of the goodness of their hearts. if you don't like how the site is run you shouldnt give more money to it and you should find a new marlins mb to hit up. simple really. [/quote]
:mischief2 :blink:

Additionally, there have been many threads in the outfield started by a certain member who had grammatical issues and basically the entire board felt it within their boundaries to criticize grammar and mental state, I was guilty of this, many were, yet this incident passed without repercussion despite more than one thread that ended prematurely.

This IMHO is such an annoyance on this board. It's actually out of hand like people really enjoy "one upping" someone in spelling. There are large amounts of people from all walks of life here. No sense poking fun at someone b/c there spelling something wrong or do not sound grammatically correct like others.

But then again, who I am to say anything?

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
^_^ )-->QUOTE( ^_^ @ May 4 2006, 11:26 AM) [snapback]1136357[/snapback]

"TSwift25 said:

shh... quit being a whin-o and trying to make youself a martyr.

if you broke one of the posted rules and regulations of the site that is it give it up.

if you are saying you didn't break a rule that is something else.

if you cant read or understand rules that is not the mods fault and it does not become the mods job to explain things to you. so instead of whining how about you go read the rules so you don't break anymore. sound good? :thumbup
[/quote]

No, it doesn't sound good. I did not break any rules in my banning, unless there's a rule that says you shall not engage a moderator in an argument and leave him or her without a response.

I was warned for correcting grammar, his Excellency corrected grammar. Double standard, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom